Cosmetic ear surgery, technically known as Otoplasty, is one of the most in-demand cosmetic procedures. In fact, it is so much popular that it has been found that more than one million people undergo this procedure every year. Asymmetrical, or too large ears can be a source of embarrassment, such people often experience a significant decrease in self-confidence.
What is OTOPLASTY?
Unattractive pair of ears is generally caused due to flaws in cartilage. The good thing is that structure of the ear can be corrected at any age. Otoplasty is the most effective way of improving the shape and size of the ears. This ear surgery usually involves changing the appearance, especially the shape of those most observable ears that stick out from the face. After having it, you will feel more confident and look more beautiful. Ideally, the Ear Surgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah should be done from two to twelve years of age, as ears continue to develop during this period. In rare cases, doctors recommend having this surgery after 18.
Who is the Candidate?
Careful thought needs to be given before deciding to have this type of surgery since it is capable of making permanent changes in the appearance of ears and Forhead Lift. You can do a self-evaluation or consult an expert to determine if this surgery is good for you or not. In general, the ideal candidates of Otoplasty are those who,
- Have realistic expectations about what the ear surgery can achieve
- Are above 5 and under 12 years of age
- Possess good physical and mental health
- Want to permanently fix asymmetry between ears
- Are looking for a safe, and effective ear reshaping procedure
Ear surgery is designed to improve facial harmony by decreasing the size of the ears. It is typically a single procedure that makes such amazing improvements. The upshots are long-lasting and amazing.
Patients need to do some preparation. They are strongly advised to follow these tips before having Otoplasty Surgery in Dubai, & Abu Dhabi.
- Consult your surgeon before the surgery, it is your responsibility to discuss with him about what type of results you want, general health status, your medical history, and medications that you regularly take
- Patients are encouraged to quit smoking, and drinking in advance of the procedure
- It’s best if you do not use any anti-inflammatory drug 72 hours before
- On the day of surgery, you have to wear loose-fitting clothes and come without makeup
- It is essential to be in the best possible health for this type of Cosmetic surgery
- Ask your surgeon to show you the before and after photographs of similar surgeries
Two major goals of this cosmetic surgery are:
- to decrease the size of larger ears
- to position them back near the sides of the head to make them symmetrical
Otoplasty can be done under local anesthesia administered into the ears or under general anesthesia. You can have this surgery on one ear or on either side. It brings balance to the face and significantly improves the self-image. A number of techniques have been introduced to correct the shape of the ears. The surgeon will decide by himself which technique he is going to use to perform a successful ear reshaping.
During the operation, an incision is created behind the ear, and through that, a strip is removed. In the next step, the ear is moved to the new position and stitched with the pins. Finally, ear dressings are placed outside the ears to hold them in their new position while you recover. The surgery must be performed by a highly-skilled surgeon since it demands expertise from whoever is performing it. As soon as Otoplasty is finished, the doctor will provide you with a pain management plan. This will help you have a smooth recovery after the operation.
- For three to four hours after the surgery, you will be kept in the recovery unit. There, you will receive the best post-operative care
- Do not put too much pressure on your ears. It is a good idea to keep your head elevated while you sleep
- You should use cold compressors twice a day to prevent severe post-operative pain, swelling and bruising
- Two weeks after the surgery, call your doctor to determine when should sutures be removed
The good thing about this surgery is that its recovery is simpler and quicker than other Laser Treatment Clinic. However, you should expect mild pain, discomfort, and swelling around your ears after having it. These side-effects need to disappear within two weeks. In most patients, they last for up to twelve days. Patients are allowed to continue routine activities from this point.
Ear Surgery Otoplasty Cost:
The price of Otoplasty in Dubai offered by Dynamic Clinic starts from AED 18,000. It varies from person to person depending on the goals, individual needs, location of hospital, and surgeon’s fee.
Otoplasty is an incredible option for people with too large ears. Patients achieve a more aesthetically pleasing personality after it. The side-effects are minimal, fully disappear within fourteen days. It makes permanent, amazing improvements and is affordable, so yeah, it is worth the money.
For further information about Ear Surgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah get in touch with us. You can contact us through consultation form or phone number.