You must be surprised to know that as you age the minerals in your bones start to decline and as a result they cause porosity and weakening of the bones. Among all the bones of the body the facial bones, especially the zygomatic bone (cheek bones) are the ones that are majorly affected.
The advent of Zygomatic Implants in Dubai is to anchor the upper jaw that has weakened overtime. The loosening of the upper jaw results in teeth mobility and of course hinder in eating and chewing, along with causing disruptions in the facial profile. Learn more about zygomatic implants in this article.
What Are Implants?
Implants are screw retained objects that are inserted into the bones of the jaw for the replacement of any missing tooth.
Once the implant screw is inserted into the bone after its fusion and osseointegration , a porcelain crown is fitted over it to complete the prosthesis for a missing tooth.
The major function of implants is to actually provide support to the teeth. Moreover they are also responsible for anchoring bridges and dentures.
- What Are Implants?
- What Are Zygomatic Implants ?
- What is the Aim of Zygomatic Implants?
- What Are the Prime Benefits of Zygomatic Implants?
- Who Are the Ideal Candidates for Zygomatic Implants?
- How is the Procedure of Zygomatic Implants in Dubai Performed?
- The Procedure:
- What are Short Comings of Zygomatic Implant?
- Post Operative Care Instructions:
What Are Zygomatic Implants ?
Zygoma is said to be the bones of the cheeks in medical terms. It is a very thick bone and so it makes a very favorable environment for the placement of implants for stop as the name indicates zygomatic implants are those which are inserted into the zygomatic bone.
A zygomatic Implant is the best treatment of choice especially for those candidates who have greater rate of bone resorption in the upper jaw.
What is the Aim of Zygomatic Implants?
The objective of zygomatic implants is to catch hold and anchor the upper jaw, and prevent it from the wrath of resorption.
Any bridge, crown and denture when placed into the upper jaw will be well retained and sustained because of the presence of Zygomatic Implants in Dubai.
What Are the Prime Benefits of Zygomatic Implants?
- Helps in the strength of the upper jaw.
- It is completely safe and does not have any chances of prolapse.
- Does not require any special maintenance.
- Helps in increasing the self esteem and confidence of the candidate.
- It’s a perfect method of teeth replacement in the upper jaw.
- Is a long lasting method for the support of the teeth.
- Makes mastication and chewing quite easy.
- Does not require any specialized surgical techniques such as a sinus lift or bone grafting.
- Helps in the immediate placement of crowns.
- Rectifies the problems related to speech.
Who Are the Ideal Candidates for Zygomatic Implants?
- Old aged candidates who have osteoporosis.
- Candidates who have lost their upper teeth in any trauma or accident.
- Patients who complain of rocking dentures in the upper jaw.
- Candidates who have difficulty in eating and chewing.
How is the Procedure of Zygomatic Implants in Dubai Performed?
Before the procedure of the Zygomatic Implants in Dubai & Abu Dhabi is carried out you will be advised by the surgeon to follow certain guidelines as a pre requisite which include:
- Ultrasonic scaling to clean the teeth.
- Avoid eating anything two to three hours before the surgery you have to abandon, smoking.
- Prior to the surgery refrain from eating any hard food that can cause fractures or traumas in your jaw.
- History taking and examination.
- Administration of local anesthesia most preferably infiltrate.
- Incisions made in the upper jaw uh especially around the teeth present in the zygomatic bone.
- Drilling of the bone to make a room for the implant screw.
- Placement of the implant screw.
- This crew will be left in the upper jaw for around six to eight months to fuse the bone.
- Once the osseointegration around the screw is completed a crown is placed over the implants to closely resemble the natural set of teeth.
What are Short Comings of Zygomatic Implant?
Surgical procedures are quite invasive however Zygomatic Implants in Dubai, Sharjah & Abu Dhabi are not as invasive as the other procedures. The only major problem that people have encountered is the healing process that ranges from 6 to 8 months similarly there are some other shortcomings also such as:
- Pain and discomfort.
- Soreness in the treated area.
- Swelling of the jaw.
- Mild bleeding after the treatment.
Post Operative Care Instructions:
- Stay on a liquid or semi solid diet in the first few days after the treatment.
- Keep your mouth and oral cavity clean by using mouthwashes regularly.
- Apply cold compress at the treatment site.
- Rinse your mouth with salt water to reduce swelling and promote healing.
- Take the prescribed antibiotics and painkillers on time .
- Prevent contamination and observe infection control protocols .
The Final Verdict!
If you are also experiencing problems with your upper jaw that has led to teeth distortions then choose a Zygomatic Implant in Dubai Since it is a minimally less invasive procedure but has long term effects. The dynamic clinic warmly welcomes you to avail this treatment at a very affordable price that you can barely find in any other clinic.
Book A Free Appointment:
Give us a Call or Fill out the Consultation form to Schedule your Free Appointment.