In old age, people often develop different diseases. Old age can be a super hard, and difficult period for many. Oftentimes old people develop painful bedsores due to different reasons. These can be very irritating, and painful. It makes their life difficult. At our clinic, we offer advanced strategies for overcoming these problems of our patients. Our clinic offers Pressure Ulcer Care at Home in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah for the ease and comfort of our clients, so they can avail the best care within the comfort of their homes.
Understanding Pressure Ulcers:
The application of pressure on a single point of skin for a long time often leads to ulcers on the skin. These ulcers are known as pressure ulcers or bed sores. They usually occur in people who are above 70 or have been bedridden for a very long period. Ulcers affect the patient’s skin and also the underlying tissues. They usually occur on the skin when the pressure affects the blood flow in a certain area. They damage the skin badly.
- Understanding Pressure Ulcers:
- Main Causes of BedSores:
- Pressure Ulcer Care at Home Visuals:
- What Body Parts Do These Pressure Sores Affect?
- What Happens in Pressure Ulcer Care at Home in Dubai?
- Treatment Methods for Pressure Ulcers:
- Preventing the Bed Sores:
- When Should One See a Doctor if They Have Bedsores?
- How Often Should One Check Their Skin for BedSores?
- Can These BedSores Heal on Their Own?
Main Causes of BedSores:
The following are the main causes that lead to the formation of these ulcers on the skin of a specific person:
- Not having enough mobility.
- Being in a wheelchair or bed for long periods.
- Poor circulation of blood in a certain area.
- Having less feeling and sensation in an area.
- Friction, pulling, or stretching of the skin.
- Having moisture from sweat in a certain region.
Pressure Ulcer Care at Home Visuals:
What Body Parts Do These Pressure Sores Affect?
These wounds are most likely to develop in the bony areas, meaning the areas of the body where the bone is close to the surface of the skin. They usually develop in the following body parts:
What Happens in Pressure Ulcer Care at Home in Dubai?
If you or your loved one is suffering from severe bed sores and you want the right treatment but at the ease of your home, then you can avail of our bedsore-at-home health service. Below is the step-by-step guide to what happens in the home care process:
When you book a consultation with our experts, then our team sends a professional healthcare provider to your house. The healthcare provider begins the process by examining the skin of the patient properly. The diagnosis is made by initially assessing the skin of the patient.
The nurse will then provide you with the right treatment plan for your wound. They will suggest the treatment by properly examining the condition of the patient. The treatment will help prevent the symptoms and will help with the pain.
Managing Pain and Discomfort:
The expert will provide you with the required ointment and pain medicines. These ointments will help in overcoming the pain and treating the affected area.
Educating the Family Members:
Our team members will guide the patient and their family regarding how to properly take care of the wound area. They will guide you through all the instructions properly.
Treatment Methods for Pressure Ulcers:
There are many different methods that treat these wounds. Most of these ulcers cannot be cured properly, but some of these sores can be prevented and treated properly:
- Changing the mattress of the patient.
- Certain ointments.
- The doctor might ask you to change your positions frequently.
- Good nutrition.
Preventing the Bed Sores:
If you suffer from these painful ulcers then here are some tips that you can follow to prevent them from happening:
- Try to move the bedridden patient several times a day. Try to reduce their immobility.
- Make sure that the individual changes his/her position.
- Remove pressure from a certain area.
- Try to keep the ulcer points clean.
- The patient should have a good nutritional diet.
- Provide them with their medicines on time.
When Should One See a Doctor if They Have Bedsores?
If you have bed sores and the condition is getting worse rather than improving then you should consider seeing a doctor. You should observe the area for the first 24 to 48 hours if you don’t see any change or observe the following symptoms then immediately consult a professional:
- If there is puss coming out from the wound area.
- If the skin appears red, purple, or blue in color.
- Experiencing redness, and irritation in the area.
How Often Should One Check Their Skin for BedSores?
If you or your loved one is bedridden due to a certain illness and they don’t move frequently, then the family members should frequently examine their body parts for these ulcer formations.
Can These BedSores Heal on Their Own?
No, these cannot heal or cure on their own. One should immediately consult a professional for medical advice. Neglecting them may only cause further damage to the skin.
Book a Free Consultation!
You can reach out to our experts at Dynamic Clinic Dubai to get information regarding your questions, and concerns. If you want to avail yourself of Pressure Ulcer Care at Home in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah service then you can easily book a free consultation with our doctors. They will further guide you regarding the treatment process.