Melanoma is a very fatal skin cancer that develops by melanocytes. The color of these spots is similar to regular moles but they are not usually round in shape like them. In some cases, melanoma spreads and when this happens it becomes very difficult for the doctor to treat. It is better to see a doctor when you notice the first abnormal change in the appearance of your skin because early diagnosis and quick treatment can save you from complications.
Dermoscopy Mole Evaluation:
A technique used in dermatology to examine different skin concerns. Dermatologists have been using this magnificent technique for analyzing melanoma over the past many years. It is very helpful because, through this, we can figure out those extremely small features of the moles that we cannot determine through the naked eye. It produces a mole mapping which is then sent forward to the next step of diagnosis.
Dermoscopy Mole Evaluation in Dubai & Abu Dhabi is the best non-invasive procedure to detect skin cancer at an early stage. If diagnosed at an early stage, it can be treated with oral and topical medications only. Although it comes with enormous benefits, 6 key benefits include,
- Helpful in examining larger affected skin areas
- Unlike biopsy, it is non-invasive. No tissue excision is required so there is no pain or discomfort associated with the procedure
- Skin tissues are examined in the natural state so the procedure is quick and simple
- An inexpensive option
- Early diagnosis and treatment is much better than dealing with severe complications in future
- Results are more accurate than clinical examination
What happens during the Procedure?
By utilizing a dermascope of high magnification power and perfect lighting, the problem area is examined. The doctor assesses all the major and minor details of the mole such as its color, shape, pigment’s distribution, border, pattern, keratin and more. In short, mole mapping will give you all the information about your moles. The best thing about the procedure is that it is painless and non-invasive but it is not recommended to people with tanned skin because radiations and tanned-skin can lead to false-positive results.
This thorough examination gives us the answers to the following main questions,
- How much thick is the mole and what color it has?
- How are the pigments distributed?
- Is this melanoma or nonmelanoma skin cancer?
The skin should be well-prepared before the examination. Here are some tips that will help you get accurate results,
- Do not use any makeup product on your skin for at least 5-7 days prior to the procedure
- Wear loose and baggy clothes on the day of treatment
- Skin tanning products and sunbathing should be highly prohibited
- Stop sun exposure and smoking, a month before the procedure
- Discuss with your doctor if you have any other disease
Once diagnosed, you can start looking for its treatment. There is a wide variety of treatments available by which you can control it. Best ones include,
- Surgical option
- Radiation therapy
It is a fatal illness so find an experienced and highly qualified doctor for the treatment. His experience plays a major role in delivering the desired results without causing complications.
Book a Free Appointment:
You can visit Dynamic clinic for Dermoscopy Mole Evaluation in Dubai & Abu Dhabi. Book a free appointment with the expert by filling out the consultation form.