A removable appliance, in dental terms, is any form of oral device which can be inserted and removed from the mouth anytime.
In the earlier days of dentistry, permanent metal braces and retainers were the only operating methods of teeth straightening.
Braces have been used to correct crooked teeth for centuries but were likely to cause pain and discomfort in most cases. Likewise, retainers were very painful. For these reasons, more efficient and safe options were needed – and consequently removable appliances were brought to the market.
Get the Best Removable Appliance in UAE:
To date, several different Removable Appliances in Dubai have been developed for dental malocclusions. Ironically, these appliances are a more stable form of smile makeover than fixed prostheses. They are efficient, safe, and handy and don’t cause major problems. Best of all, their removable nature allows patients to maintain good oral hygiene: easier to clean and more comfortable, and quick to use.
Continue reading to find out all about these dental appliances — their types, results, recovery, and everything else.
When can Removable Prostheses be Used?
Removal appliances can be used to:
- Correct mild malocclusions
- Replace missing tooth
- Preventing bruxism during sleep
- Protect tooth and gums while playing contact sports
- Keep the teeth in place after they have been straightened with braces
Types of Removable Appliances:
Patients are highly encouraged to contact a certified orthodontist to get high-quality removable appliances in Dubai.
The professional will most likely recommend one of the following options:
Mouthguards: Prepared by professional dental labs and are worn in the mouth. To be specific, they offer protection to teeth and gums in athletic activities and sports.
Types: boil-and-bite, stock, custom-fitted
Cost: AED 750 to AED 2000
Retainers: Custom-made devices to hold the teeth in place. They are often made of clear plastic or wires. The appropriate option will be chosen depending on your priorities.
Types: Hawley, clear plastic
Cost: AED 800 to AED 4000
Dentures: If you have a missing tooth, dentures may be used. They are false teeth made of metal, nylon, or plastic.
Types: Acrylic Flippers, Flexible Denture, Cast Metal Partial Dentures
Cost: AED 2000 to AED 5000
Headgear: Improves the way your upper and lower jaws come together. It’s the best removable appliance for overbite, underbite, and crossbite
Types: Cervical-Pull, High-Pull, Reverse-Pull / Facemask
Cost: AED 4000 to AED 15000
The teeth will take time to adjust to a new location.
In general, it takes about 8-12 months to appreciate the final results. The time varies depending on the severity of your case and oral health.
Also, for fuller results, it is sometimes recommended to use permanent aids such as braces, so treatment may take longer than expected.
The exact procedural steps vary based on the type of removable appliance used. But it is vital to maintain the highest standard of dental hygiene throughout the treatment.
Pros and cons:
A removal appliance has these benefits:
- A better fit. Can be customized to suit particular goals and requirements
- Amazing results. Improves teeth placemen and restores their normal function
- Affordable Option. Great for people who can’t afford metal braces, implants, and bridges
- Handy. Easy to clean, and wear
- Convenient. Even general dentists offer these appliances
- Not a one-size-fits-all solution. People with major malocclusions should go for alternatives
- Side-effects. The most commonly reported side-effects were speech difficulty, gum diseases, root resorption, and soreness
- Botched outcome. If the device is not installed properly, it can result in the malocclusion worsening
The Average Cost?
The average cost for a good quality removable appliance is approximately AED 8000; however, it is possible to get yourself a low-quality removable appliance for less than AED 4000.
The final price can be influenced by many factors. Check with your general dentist to find out more about these factors.
It can take up to 24 hours for your oral cavity to heal from a removable appliance. Possible side effects include soreness, periodontal disease, pulpal changes discomfort, and difficulty speaking.
It is also important to note that you may experience pain even after your mouth has fully healed.
Why Choose us?
There are many reasons why Dynamic Clinic is the right choice for clients. We are breaking down the top 3 reasons to give us a try for any Removable Appliance in Dubai:
- It’s important you have a professional you can trust. To make sure we offer the most secure services possible, every one of our staff goes through a background check
- Our services are entirely guaranteed. If you are ever unhappy with the results, we will try our best to fix everything for your satisfaction
- We can customize our treatments to fit your requirements.
Book A Free Appointment:
Give us a Call or Fill out the Consultation form to Schedule your Free Appointment.