Own a Healthy Smile that lasts a Lifetime!
Dental extraction, also known as teeth removal, is a very common treatment. It’s an outpatient procedure performed by general dentists and oral surgeons.
Extractions are typically done to remove teeth that have become irremediable due to infection, tooth decay, periodontal diseases, accidents, or crowding. Additionally, those considering getting braces may also want to get two or three teeth removal to make space for their displaced teeth as they move to a new location.
Professionals remove impaired teeth from the alveolar bone sockets to help patients keep the oral cavity healthy. Extraction can either be simple or surgical. To find out which procedure suits your dental needs, keep reading.
Who is the Right Candidate?
- Tooth infection, tooth decay, a bad bite, gum diseases can make the surgical extraction of teeth necessary.
- Teeth removal is sometimes done before putting on braces
- If there is no room for wisdom teeth, extraction may be the only option left
During tooth extraction, specialists numb the mouth with local anesthetics. In some cases, intravenous sedatives are also used to relieve pain during treatment. So that you know, if there is an impacted tooth to remove, the tooth may be broken down before it is pulled out.
There are two types of dental extraction in Dubai: Simple and surgical.
A simple extraction is recommended when the tooth is visible. This could mean eradicating a decayed or damaged tooth or pulling the teeth as preparation for braces. You should call on your general dentist to get a tooth pulled away via simple extraction.
Doctors suggest surgical approach if you develop serious dental problems. This is a procedure that pulls out teeth that are not obvious in the mouth. During the operation, the surgeon will first make a small incision in the gum and then remove the problem tooth. Note: You will most likely be given both intravenous sedation and local anesthesia for this type of tooth removal.
Pros and Cons:
- Helps you preserve a healthy mouth
- Prevents spread of infection or decay to other teeth
- Gives you a beautiful, confident smile
- Take the pain away from you
- Makes way for a better life
- A major dental procedure that has risks both during and after the operation
- Possible side-effects include bruising, bleeding, swelling, discomfort, and pain
- Adverse reactions to anesthesia are possible
- Loss of healthy teeth
Cost of Dental Extraction:
The average cost of dental extraction in Dubai ranges from AED 800 to AED 1500 for simple removal, AED 1400 to AED 2000 for surgery.
In general, it takes about a month for the treated socked to heal. Therefore, it’s important to adjust your diet and activity to make a recovery as smooth as possible. Also, it would help if you did not rush back to work and normal activities for some time.
Here are the basic guidelines of Dental extraction aftercare:
- Appear in all the follow-up visits to make sure the socket heals properly
- Don’t carry out any strenuous exercise
- Use warm salty mouthwashes to preserve good oral health
- Staying on a soft diet for about a mouth is essential
- Cleanliness is the key. Do keep the sockets and mouth clean.
Dental extraction is considered a safe procedure, but like any surgical procedure, there’s a risk of complications.
Potential complications include
- Dry socket
- Slow healing
- Botched results
- Teeth misalignment
- Nerve injury
Note: Happily, there are ways that our oral surgeons can use to minimize the risks of these complications. We’ll discuss them in the initial consultation session.
Our dental experts will explain your options in the initial consultation session.
Why Choose us?
We care for you. We are committed to continually helping patients and improving our dental services. Playing a role in your treatment journey is essential for every staff member at dynamic clinic. Our consultants will listen closely to your dental needs and spend time getting to know you and your concerns fully.
To learn more about the dental extraction in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah, and find out if you are a candidate, give us a call and schedule a consultation with Dr Rasha Mhanna.
Book A Free Appointment:
Give us a Call or Fill out the Consultation form to Schedule your Free Appointment.