Sexology is significant in a person’s life on many different levels, including physical, emotional, and social ones. Sexual engagement has various positive biological effects that can enhance general health. Regular sexual engagement has been associated with higher immunological function, lower stress levels, better sleep, and improved cardiovascular health. It also functions as an exercise, encouraging endorphin release and improving general fitness. Oxytocin and dopamine are two hormones that are released during sexual activity and are associated with positive emotions such as pleasure and contentment. These moments of closeness and intimacy can increase overall relationship happiness and foster a sense of security and belonging. Healthy sexual relationships may also improve couples’ general closeness, understanding, and communication.
What is It?
Sexology is a multidisciplinary field that examines all facets of human sexuality, including biological, psychological, and social elements. It looks at how human sexual behavior, wants, and evolving identities, manifest, and are experienced. Sexologists work to comprehend and resolve problems relating to sexual well-being, interpersonal relationships, and general well-being.
Researchers and experts in the field of sexology look into a variety of subjects, such as sexual orientation, gender identity, sexual disorders, reproductive health, sexual education, and cultural impacts on sexuality. In order to inform evidence-based approaches in clinical practice, education, and policy-making, they use scientific methods to collect data, run surveys, and analyze findings. This field strives to assist people and communities in achieving healthy, fulfilling, and consensual sexual lives by advancing a thorough understanding of human sexuality.
- What is It?
- What Does it Address?
- Who is a Sexologist?
- Characteristics of a Good Sexologist:
- Ideal Candidate for Visiting a Sexologist:
- Role of Sexologist:
- Ozone Therapy and Sexology:
What Does it Address?
Beyond its positive effects on the body, sex has a big impact on mental and emotional health. Sexual intimacy and connection can promote emotional closeness, trust, and bonding between lovers. Therefore, sexology plays a vital role in determining all these factors as it relates to human sexuality.
The field of sexology focuses on encouraging sexual health and well-being, covering issues like sexual education, contraception, STIs, fertility, and reproductive health.
Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity:
It examines various gender identities, such as transgender, non-binary, and genderqueer, as well as various sexual orientations, including heterosexual, gay, bisexual, and asexual. Moreover, it is the goal of sexology to understand, support, and affirm people of all sexual orientations and gender identities.
Sexology covers problems with sexual dysfunction including erectile dysfunction, early ejaculation, poor libido, orgasmic disorders, and disorders of sexual pain. It examines the underlying causes, diagnostic procedures, and available therapies for various disorders.
Relationships and Intimacy:
It looks at how relationships and intimacy work, including how to communicate, get permission, have satisfying intimate relationships, and how psychological and emotional aspects affect sexual health.
Sexuality Across the Lifespan:
This field takes into account the distinctive elements of sexual development and experiences at various life stages, from childhood to older adults, and recognizes that sexuality is present throughout the lifespan.
Cultural and Social Influences:
It acknowledges the influence of culture, society, and social conceptions in determining attitudes, beliefs, and behaviors related to sexuality. Sexology studies how social and cultural norms affect sexual expression and identity.
Sexology is essential in the design and delivery of comprehensive programs on sexuality education that aim to disseminate accurate, inclusive, and age-appropriate knowledge on sexual health, consent, relationships, and sexual rights.
Who is a Sexologist?
An expert in the discipline of sexology, or the study of human sexuality, is known as a Sexologist in Dubai. They are skilled professionals with knowledge and experience in a range of sexuality-related topics, including biological, psychological, and societal elements.
In addition, they are professionals who offer assistance to individuals, couples, and organizations that have sexual problems, worries, or questions. They provide a secure and accepting setting for people to explore their sexual identities, wants, and difficulties. Sexologists assist their clients in addressing sexual dysfunctions, enhancing sexual intimacy and communication in partnerships, and resolving problems with sexual orientation, gender identity, or cultural effects on sexuality. In order to advance sexual health, inclusion, and well-being for all people, they could also make contributions to research, policymaking, and education in the area of sexuality.
Characteristics of a Good Sexologist:
Sexologists are professionals in their industry and are effective because they have a number of essential characteristics. Such qualities enable them to accompany people and couples who seek treatment with sexual difficulties in a professional, caring, and effective manner, guiding them through their sexual journey. The following are some salient traits of sexologists
- Has enough information about human sexuality, including its biological, psychological, and societal facets.
- Clients can share their sexual difficulties, wants, and identities with sexologists in a setting that is secure and helpful without worrying about being judged or stigmatized.
- Respect and welcomes the variety of sexual orientations, gender identities, and manifestations
- To give their customers accurate information and direction, they keep current on the most recent sexology research, ideas, and practices.
- Recognizes the delicate and private nature of sexual disorders, due to which they provide understanding and compassion for their patients. When dealing with someone or a couple, they actively listen, validate experiences, and offer emotional support.
- Prioritise client privacy and trust by maintaining confidentiality. They abide by moral principles and professional norms that guarantee the privacy of customer information.
- Possess excellent communication skills, both verbal and nonverbal, enabling them to clearly express information, ask delicate questions, and promote frank and open dialogues regarding sexuality.
- They try to deliver inclusive and culturally competent care by approaching their job with cultural understanding.
- Adopt a non-biased, sex-positive strategy that encourages a positive, respectful view of sexuality.
- Has a non-biased, sex-positive strategy that encourages a positive, respectful view of sexuality.
Ideal Candidate for Visiting a Sexologist:
People or couples who are having problems, questions, or worries about their sexual health, well-being, or relationships may find it helpful to see a sexologist. While there isn’t a set list of perfect candidates, the following scenarios might benefit from consulting a sexologist’s knowledge
- A sexologist may be able to help those who are having sexual dysfunctions including erectile dysfunction, early ejaculation, poor desire, or trouble achieving orgasm.
- Couples that are having problems communicating, having different desires, or having disagreements about sexual preferences might benefit from the advice and assistance of a sexologist. They can aid in promoting good communication, increasing intimacy, and addressing sexually-related relationship issues.
- A sexologist can provide insightful advice to those who are suffering from coming out, doubting their sexual identity, or looking for support and understanding regarding their sexual orientation. They may foster acceptance and self-discovery, give resources, and create a safe environment for exploration.
- Working with a sexologist with trauma-informed care training may be beneficial for those who have had sexual trauma or abuse.
- Want to expand their sexual knowledge, explore their urges, or learn more about sexual methods, practices, or consent.
- People who have impairments or chronic conditions that influence their sexuality or relationships might gain from a sexologist’s knowledge. They can offer assistance, coping mechanisms, and resources to improve sexual health and intimacy.
Role of Sexologist:
Sexologists are essential contributors to the study of human sexuality because they offer advice, assistance, and knowledge on a variety of topics related to sexual health and well-being. Here are some important duties that sexologists carry out
Sexologists do detailed exams and assessments in order to comprehend and diagnose sexual problems or disorders. To learn more about a client’s sexual history, behaviors, and experiences, they use interviews, questionnaires, and other evaluation tools. This procedure aids in locating plausible reasons, underlying causes, and suitable therapeutic strategies.
Treatment and Therapy:
To address sexual issues, sexologists provide individualized treatment programs and therapeutic methods. To assist people or couples in overcoming difficulties like sexual dysfunction, marital problems, trauma, or worries about sexual orientation or gender identity, they use evidence-based techniques.
Education and Guidance:
Sexologists assist individuals, couples, and groups with accurate, inclusive, and complete sexual education and guidance. They provide advice on issues including contraception, safer sexual practices, sexual consent, and healthy relationships. They also dispel common myths and encourage sexual health and well-being. To inform the public on many facets of human sexuality, sexologists may also hold workshops, seminars, or community outreach initiatives.
Support and Counselling:
They offer emotional support and counseling to people or couples struggling with sexual issues, traumatic experiences, or marital difficulties. They provide their customers with a secure, judgment-free environment where they may express their emotions, ask questions, and explore their sexuality. Sexologists assist clients manage their sexual journeys and advancing general well-being by using active listening, empathy, and effective communication techniques.
Ozone Therapy and Sexology:
Various medical professionals think that ozone therapy can act as a potential cure for various sexual problems. This is justified by the idea that ozone therapy can increase tissue oxygenation, blood circulation, and general cellular health, all of which may be advantageous for sexual performance.
- Rectal insufflation involves injecting ozone into the rectum with the use of a small catheter. Before being injected into the rectum, oxygen or air is often added to the ozone gas. The procedure usually lasts fifteen minutes and is done in a hospital setting.
- Vaginal insufflation uses a small catheter to inject ozone into the vagina, just like rectal insufflation does.
- With the use of injection or IV treatment, ozone may be administered directly into the body after being coupled with other substances such as blood, saline, or an ozone-oxygen mixture.
Additionally, because ozone treatment has possible hazards and side effects, it should only be applied by trained medical specialists who are familiar with the right application and dose. Based on the particular requirements and circumstances of an individual, they can offer pertinent advice and suggest tried-and-true remedies.
Book A Consultation!
Dynamic Clinic in Dubai has sexologists with the required education, credentials, and specialized training in Sexology. They try their best to make you feel supported and at ease while talking about delicate and private issues. In addition, our physicians have the best communication style, method, and capacity to foster a welcoming environment where you feel comfortable raising your issues. If you want your sexual issues to be resolved, then feel free to contact us. Fill out the consultation form and book an appointment.