Otoplasty, technically known as Cosmetic ear surgery, is one of the most in-demand aesthetic procedures. In fact, it is so much popular, it turns out that more than one million people undergo this surgery every year.
What is OTOPLASTY?
Asymmetrical, or too-large ears can lead to embarrassment. Today, lots of people experience a decrease in self-confidence because of having such ears. But we have good news for you- the structure of the ears can improve in several ways.
Nevertheless, Otoplasty is the most effective way of altering the shape and size of the ears. This Ear Surgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah involves modifying the structure of the ears that stick out from the face. It improves facial harmony and increases self-esteem. In a nutshell, you feel more confident and look more beautiful after having it.
Who is the Candidate?
Ideally, this procedure should be done from two to twelve years of age, as ears continue to develop during this period. In rare cases, doctors recommend having it after 18.
Careful thought needs to be given before deciding to have this type of surgery since it is capable of making permanent changes in the appearance of ears and Forehead lifts. You can do a self-evaluation or consult an expert to determine if this surgery is good for you or not. In general, the ideal candidates for Otoplasty are those who:
- Have realistic expectations about what it can achieve.
- Are above 5 and under 12 years of age.
- Possess good physical and mental health.
- Want to permanently fix asymmetry between ears?
- Are looking for a safe, and effective technique.
Results of Ear Surgery Dubai:
Cosmetic ear surgery is designed to improve facial harmony by decreasing the size of the ears. The upshots are quick, long-lasting, and amazing. And as a matter of fact, it’s a single procedure that makes such amazing improvements.
Patients do some preparation. They strongly advise you to follow these tips before having Otoplasty Surgery in Dubai & Abu Dhabi.
- Consult your surgeon before the surgery, it is your responsibility to discuss with him what type of results you want, your general health status, your medical history, and the medications that you regularly take
- Patients are encouraged to quit smoking and drinking in advance of the procedure
- It’s best if you do not use any anti-inflammatory drug 72 hours before
- On the day of surgery, you have to wear loose-fitting clothes and come without makeup
- It is essential to be in the best possible health for this type of surgery
- Ask your surgeon to show you before and after photographs of similar surgeries
Two major goals are:
- To decrease the size of larger ears.
- Position them back near the sides of the head.
The operation can be done under local anesthesia administered into the ears or under general anesthesia. You can have this surgery on one ear or on either side. It brings balance to the face and significantly improves the self-image. A number of techniques have been introduced to correct the shape of the ears. The surgeon will decide by himself which technique he is going to use to perform a successful ear reshaping.
During the operation, an incision is created behind the ear, and through that, a strip remove. In the next step, the ear moves to the new position and is stitched with the pins. Finally, ear dressings are placed outside the ears to hold them in their new position while you recover. Well, it must be performed by a highly-skilled surgeon since it demands expertise from whoever is performing it.
As soon as the surgery is finished, the doctor will provide you with a pain management plan. This will help you have a smooth recovery after the operation.
- For three to four hours after the surgery, you will be kept in the recovery unit. There, you will receive the best post-operative care.
- Do not put too much pressure on your ears. It is a good idea to keep your head elevated while you sleep.
- You should use cold compressors twice a day to prevent severe post-operative pain, swelling, and bruising.
- Two weeks after the surgery, call your doctor to determine when the sutures should be removed.
The good thing about this surgery is that its recovery is simpler and quicker than other aesthetic surgeries. However, you should expect mild pain, discomfort, and swelling around your ears after having it. These side effects need to disappear within two weeks. In most patients, they last for up to twelve days. Patients allow to continue routine activities from this point.
Ear Reshaping Otoplasty UAE Cost:
The Average Cost of Ear Reshaping Surgery/Otoplasty in Dubai UAE offered by Dynamic Aesthetic Clinic starts from AED 18,000. It varies from person to person depending on the goals, individual needs, location of the hospital, and surgeon’s fee.
Dr Abdul Majeed Makkiya
Dr. Abdul Majeed Makkiya is Dynamic Clinic’s plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgeon for adults and teens with a passion for...View Profile
Dr. Dina Elyamani
Feel The Beauty Out Of Boundaries! Get yourself enhanced according to your expectation from the leading aesthetic facility of Dynamic...View Profile
Dr. Sannia Awais
Dr. Sannia Awais carries a rich experience in the field of aesthetic medicine, hair restoration, and hair transplant. She at Dynamic Aesthetic clinic is...View Profile
Get A Free Consultation Right Away:
Otoplasty is an incredible option for people with too large ears. Patients achieve a more aesthetically pleasing personality after it. The side effects are minimal and fully disappear within fourteen days. It makes permanent, amazing improvements and is affordable, so yeah, it is worth the money.
For further information about Ear Reshaping Surgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah get in touch with us. You can contact us through a consultation form or phone number +971 542992160 and get a consultation for free.