Shape it up!
As the Gastric banding name suggests, it is a surgery in which the stomach is constricted by placing a band on its top. It makes the patient feel full faster i.e. by eating lesser food than normal.
Gastric Band Surgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah can be performed in 2-3 hours and the outcomes are outstanding, provided that you follow liquids-only diet for a few weeks post-surgery. Continue reading to learn more about how a few changes in a patient’s digestive system, obesity can be overcome.
Prepare for a Safe Gastric Band Surgery:
Weight Loss Surgeries have been popular for many years. Amazingly, they can reduce stomach capacity permanently. However, it is important to note that gastric band surgery requires a lot of effort in preparation. The following tips may help you prepare for the operation:
- Gastric band surgery is not a good option if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- If you are uncertain of your eligibility for the operation, consult with the surgeon
- Acquire as much info as you can. This will put you at ease on the day of surgery and after it
- Avoid taking blood thinners and muscle relaxants because they can contribute to prolonged and heavy bleeding
- Do not consume caffeinated drinks approximately 4 weeks before the operation
How it’s Done:
During gastric banding, you will be given general anesthesia. The surgery involves using Laparoscopy to place the silicone band around the top of the stomach. This reduces the stomach size and food intake. Precisely speaking, now it can hold only an ounce of food.
Surgeon’s note: Banding is not recommended if you have any uncontrollable illness or drug disorder
- FDA approved procedure to reduce stomach capacity.
- Offers long-term weight loss to those with obesity.
- Minimally invasive, quick, and flexible.
- Lowers the risk of potentially life-threatening conditions including strokes, cancer, diabetes, heart diseases.
- Comparatively quicker recovery period and shorter hospital stay.
In most cases, Gastric band Surgery in UAE leads to the loss of about 40% to 45% of the weight. And in addition to reducing weight, research also shows that it can improve a number of health conditions such as high BP, diabetes, strokes, sleep apnea, etc.
It is unfortunate, however, that there are cases when the gastric band surgery doesn’t go as planned. This usually occurs when the care provided by the professional deviates a little from the ideal standards of practice. Note that, unsatisfactory results from a botched gastric band surgery leave a patient feeling worried and anxious.
The good news: a Revision Bariatric Surgery performed by a certified plastic surgeon can reverse the results of a botched procedure and allow patients to have the health, hope, and figure restored. For your information, at dynamic clinic, the surgeons utilize highly advanced surgical methods that produce exceptional results with an easier recovery.
This section outlines the basic recommendations for home care after the surgery:
- Drink 8-10 glasses of water to avoid dehydration.
- For at least a month, choose foods that are low in fats.
- Smoking can cause dehydration so please avoid it.
- Eat numerous small meals throughout the day.
- On average, full recovery of Gastric Band Surgery in Dubai & Abu Dhabi usually takes about three to four weeks. It’s important to avoid lifting heavy weights and smoking during this sensitive period.
- To learn more about what recovery from gastric banding looks like, feel free to contact us.
Cost of Gastric Band Surgery:
Typically, the average Cost of Gastric Band Surgery in UAE ranges from AED 15,000 to AED 35,000 depending on the type of outcome to achieve, and the surgeon’s fee. Note that, it is an electric procedure so insurance likely won’t cover it.
- Gastric band is a surgical procedure done to lose excess weight and relieve health conditions associated with being over-weight.
- After surgery, your stomach will be smaller so that you feel full with less food.
- Make permanent lifestyle changes to ensure long-term results.
Schedule a Consultation!
Dynamic Aesthetic Clinic offers you the best Gastric Band Surgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah. Amazingly, our surgeons deliver exceptionally good results to patients. To book an appointment, please fill in the form given below.