Sometimes when people suffer from certain different diseases, they are unable to digest food properly on their own, which makes it impossible for their body to get all the essential nutrients, and vitamins. These individuals are given essential fluids by using a catheter that supplies the essential liquid diet to them through a particular vein. These patients require this diet for a certain period, and it can often become difficult for them to visit the hospital daily. But now you can get TPN at Home in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah, without worrying to visit a hospital daily.
Understanding Total Parenteral Nutrition at Home:
Feeding people the essential diet intravenously is known as TPN. A bag of essential compounds that a person requires in his/her diet is fed to the individual by passing the tube through the gastrointestinal tract. This method is used when individuals suffer from certain medical conditions and are unable to digest food properly on their own. People may require this feeding method for several days, months, or for a very long time. So it can often become difficult for patients to visit a hospital every time they require the TPN method, but do not worry as our clinic offers this health service to its clients in the ease of their homes.
- Understanding Total Parenteral Nutrition at Home:
- Important Essential Nutrients in a TPN Bag?
- Patients Who Require TPN at Home in Dubai:
- How Should One Prepare for TPN at Home in Dubai?
- How TPN at Home in Dubai is Carried Out?
- Ensuring Proper AfterCare with TPN at Home in Dubai:
- Risks and Complications That Can Occur:
- For How Long Does One Requires TPN Feeding?
- How Many Hours is the TPN Administered for?
Important Essential Nutrients in a TPN Bag?
TPN at Home in Dubai is a liquid diet chemical formula that contains the following essential nutrients:
Patients Who Require TPN at Home in Dubai:
People who suffer from the following medical conditions are ideal candidates for TPN at Home in Dubai & Abu Dhabi:
- Individuals whose digestive tract is not working properly.
- Someone suffering from gastrointestinal disease.
- Patients who had chemotherapy.
- Individuals who suffer from Crohn’s disease.
- If someone has short bowel syndrome.
- Infants who had a premature birth.
- Someone who had abdominal surgery.
- Individuals who have inflammatory bowel diseases.
How Should One Prepare for TPN at Home in Dubai?
Your doctor will inform you if you require this method or not. Here is how one should prepare for this process:
- The doctor will first make sure the patient is ideal for the process, and have a proper BMI.
- Keep the formula in the refrigerator before the process.
- A few hours before the feeding method the formula is taken out of the refrigerator.
- A professional healthcare provider will come to your doorstep with all the necessary equipment.
- Make sure that the bag has no leakage.
- If you notice any change in the color or appearance of certain floating pieces, then you should not use this bag.
- One should not put the bag in the microwave.
How TPN at Home in Dubai is Carried Out?
Total Parental Nutrition has the following steps:
- The healthcare provider first makes sure to clean their hands properly.
- Then they will start the process by preparing the feeding bag and taking it out of the refrigerator 2 to 3 hours before the process. The nurse will add special medicines to the bag with an injection.
- After disinfecting the area with a proper disinfectant, the nurse applies anesthesia to numb the region.
- The nurse then inserts the catheter into the Superior Vena Cava vein. This vein leads directly toward the heart.
- This vein delivers the essential nutrients easily and quickly and also prevents the risk of any type of infection.
- The TPN patients are properly monitored to make sure that they are getting the right amount of food through the tube.
Ensuring Proper AfterCare with TPN at Home in Dubai:
You must follow certain instructions to ensure proper healing:
- Keep the area clean to prevent any type of infection, if an infection occurs then it can make things complicated for the patient.
- If you notice any changes in the symptoms, or around the area of the catheter you should immediately reach out to your doctor.
- Make sure that your hands are clean when you touch the skin around the catheter to prevent any infections or bacteria in the region.
Risks and Complications That Can Occur:
The following risks can occur with this feeding method:
- Catheter infection.
- Blood clots.
- Imbalancing of the fluids in the bag.
- Occurrence of sepsis (acute bacterial infection).
- Liver failure.
For How Long Does One Requires TPN Feeding?
Some adults and infants require this feeding process for a short time. While some may require it for a time of certain weeks, or months. Or some people may require it for a very long time. It usually depends on the type of condition a patient is suffering from.
How Many Hours is the TPN Administered for?
This process usually takes about 12 to 15 hours to properly provide all the essential fluids to a person through their veins. So the patient must undergo this during their sleeping hours.
TPN Feeding at the Ease of Your Home!
Dynamic Clinic Dubai provides its patients with beneficial health services in the ease of their homes. We care for our patients, and we don’t want anything to get in between the treatment of our patients. If you want to learn more about the TPN at Home in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah, you can easily book a free consultation with our expert at our clinic. Our doctors aim to provide your loved ones with proper nourishment so their health remains stable