Mini gastric Bypass, also called One-anastomosis gastric bypass, is a surgical treatment of obesity. A person feels fuller faster i.e. by eating less food.
During operation, the surgeon first divides the stomach laparoscopically and then connects its initial part to the short intestine, reducing stomach size overall. This is a revolutionary bariatric surgery — results in substantial and long-term weight loss. Plus, it involves a shorter operating time and is less invasive.
Why it is done? Who are the good candidates? What to expect? We have got you covered on everything you need to know about Mini Gastric Bypass in Dubai & Abu Dhabi.
Folks who qualify for this surgery generally have:
- Type 2 diabetes
- BMI of 35 or above
- Severe obesity-related medical conditions
- Realistic expectations
- You should discuss your current medications, health conditions, and goals with the surgeon
- Stop smoking a week before
- Have advised lab tests done to make sure that you are a good candidate
Patients may lose between 50 to 70 percent of their weight or even more within one year after the operation. By leading a healthy lifestyle, the results of mini-gastric bypass in Dubai could last for five to six years.
Self-care tip: Eat small meals and exercise regularly to maintain results for years to come.
It’s a major surgery therefore it is very important to find an experienced professional to perform it. In general, mini-gastric bypass surgery involves the following steps:
- The surgeon makes five small incisions in the abdomen and inserts a laparoscope
- Then he cuts the longitudinal part of the abdomen to make a new, smaller pouch. Now there are two parts in the stomach. First, a narrow tube also called a mini stomach, and second, a large part of your stomach that remains healthy but is now “not functioning,” which means it no longer processes food.
- Next, the initial part of the small intestine is cut and sewed to the mini-stomach. This allows the food to move directly into the intestine, escaping the absorption of calories and fat.
Mini gastric bypass surgery is an inpatient procedure, meaning you will not leave our hospital on the same day as the surgery. It is recommended to stay in the hospital for at least 3-4 days.
Following complications can occur after mini-gastric bypass surgery in Dubai:
- Intestines perforation
We recommend that you use these post-operative care tips to support the healing process:
- Do not eat or drink for at least eight hours
- High calories soda should be avoided for about a month
- Take vitamin and minimal supplements as per the instructions of the doctor
- Don’t eat as much as you used to
Pros and Cons:
- Easier, faster, better, and cheaper than traditional gastric bypass surgery
- Delivers long-term results
- In addition to losing weight, the procedure can help with sleep apnea, hypertension, and other health conditions
- Irreversible results
- Possibility of looser bowel movements
Cost of Mini Gastric Bypass:
The average Cost of Mini-Gastric Bypass Surgery in Dubai & Abu Dhabi is AED 30,000. The minimum price is 20000 and the maximum price is 40000. In general, the cost varies depending on the clinic’s location, surgeon’s skills, and the health conditions to treat.
In mini gastric bypass surgery, the surgeon creates a new malabsorption channel to limit the amount of calories and fat in your diet, which also means longer recovery times and more serious side effects. The following three treatments are good alternatives to Mini gastric bypass surgery:
- Gastric banding
- Sleeve gastrostomy
- Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass
Talk to a bariatric surgeon to find out which alternative treatment is best for you.
Why Choose us?
Are you ready to revolutionize your health and appearance? Consider mini-gastric bypass at Enfield Weight Loss Clinic.
Every patient is important to us. We work with certified cosmetic and plastic surgeons to provide affordable and effective surgeries including mini-gastric bypass. You can get in touch with us anytime — we’ll be on hand to assist. Fill the short form or give us a call to book an appointment.