Otoplasty, commonly known as cosmetic Ear Surgery in Dubai, is a surgical treatment used to alter the ears’ structure, location, or dimensions. If perhaps you are disturbed by how much your ears protrude from the head, you may consider otoplasty. If the ear or both ears are deformed due to an accident or a developmental condition, you may want to explore otoplasty.
Suppose you are considering such a type of surgery. In that case, it is recommended to read the article below to get familiar with Otoplasty: What to Expect, Procedure, and Cost in Dubai before having the surgery.
Otoplasty is divided into numerous types, which are:
- Amplification of the ear. Understandably, some people possess tiny ears or ears that have not yet fully matured. For such concerns, ear surgery has been opted.
- Ear pinning – a term that refers to pinning. The ears are placed close to the head in such an ear surgery type. It’s done on people who have visibly protruding ears from the sides of their heads.
- Reduction of the ear. Macrotia is a condition in which your ears are more prominent than they should be. Individuals with microtia may opt for otoplasty surgery to shrink their ears.
What To Expect
Before undergoing surgery, an individual is suggested to consult an otoplatsy surgeon. During a consultation, the individual will expect:
- The surgeon takes a medical history to avoid any inconveniences during the procedure.
- They (depending upon the surgeon) will thoroughly examine your condition. Through that suitable treatment plan is suggested.
- The surgeon will decide on how many sessions are required after the complete examination. The price of the treatment is also determined after consultation.
- While consultation, it is highly suggested to ask any concerning questions.
When consultation is completed, and all the doubts are clear, the surgeon recommends the surgery date. During Ear Surgery in Dubai, the individual will expect specific procedural steps. These steps are :
- Otoplasty is usually performed as an outpatient operation.
- Relying on the specifics and severity of the treatment, it can take anywhere from 1 to 3 hours.
- For younger children undergoing otoplasty, a general anesthetic is usually advised.
- The surgical procedure employed will be determined by the type of otoplasty you have.
- Forming an opening on the back ear or the creases of the ear is the general procedure for otoplasty.
- Removing cartilage or skin from the ear, bending and sculpting cartilage with everlasting stitches, or grafting to the ear are all examples of ear tissue manipulation.
- The incisions are being closed.
After the surgery, you will experience:
- You’ll likely experience some irritation and discomfort.
- Avoid sleeping on the sides to alleviate the pressure on the ears.
- Your surgeon will remove the dressings a few days after the initial otoplasty.
- It’s expected that the ears will be swollen and inflamed.
- You’ll observe an instant improvement in the look of the ears after dressings are released. These modifications are irreversible.
Otoplasty Surgery Cost in Dubai, on average, ranges between AED 15,000 to AED 18,000 approximately.
The Price is calculated via different factors. These factors include:
- Condition of the patient.
- Utilization of anesthesia.
- Use of types of equipment.
- Surgeons fee.
- Clinic location.
- Prescribed medicine.
Otoplasty is performed for a variety of reasons. Ears that expanded, are larger or smaller than average, or have an odd form are examples. At Dynamic Clinic Dubai, Otoplasty can be done in a variety of ways. The type and manner used will be determined by your requirements. It usually takes many weeks for a person to recover. We have a Board-certified surgeon near you to make your experience exceptional if you’re thinking of undergoing otoplasty.
Schedule your free consultation if you require more information on Otoplasty: What to Expect, Procedure, and Cost in Dubai or book your appointments now and get the ear shape and size you crave with us