A lipoma is a tumorous fatty lump that slowly grows underneath the skin. It arises due to the abnormal growth of fat cells. Although it is categorized as a tumor, it is typically benign and harmless.
Lipomas affect physical appearance and usually continue to grow in size over time. They are likely to develop in middle age people, males, and females ranging in age from 45 to 65. And the most common areas where Lipomas show up include the neck, arms, shoulder, and armpits.
Things you Should Know about Lipomas:
- It is a rare disease, in a recent survey it was concluded that Lipomas develop in 1 in a thousand people.
- While Lipomas can affect people of all age groups, but they rarely occur in children.
- Usually, lipomas are harmless but sufferers don’t like the way they look on the body.
- People with other health conditions such as Cowden syndrome, adiposis dolorosa, and Gardner’s syndrome run a higher risk of having lipomas
- If any of your family members has experienced this condition, your risk of having multiple Lipomas increases
- It can cause pain, this usually happens when they are cancerous.
- Cancerous Lipomas stick to one location, they don’t move and such types of Lipomas are known as liposarcoma.
Luckily, there are several treatment options by which you can get rid of Lipomas. Read this article till the end to know more about these options.
Lipoma Treatment Before & After:
See the Best Results of Lipoma Removal Treatment. These Treatments done by Enfield Royal Clinic UAE.
How Lipoma is Diagnosed?
As Lipomas are exceptionally visible, they can be recognized and diagnosed easily but you have to see a doctor to get them thoroughly checked out. To diagnose Lipoma, the doctor generally performs the following steps,
- A simple and easy physical exam is done
- For more details, a sample of skin tissue is taken and sent to a laboratory
- For severe cases, an X-ray or CT scan is done to detect its additional characteristics
Preparation for Lipoma Treatment:
Before Lipoma Treatment in Dubai & Abu Dhabi, it is often helpful to use the following tips,
- For at least a month before the treatment day, avoid shaving or waxing the area around Lipoma
- Do not use aspirin, ibuprofen or any other blood thinner 72 hours before your treatment
- On the day of treatment, take a bath with a germicidal soap
- If you have opted for surgical removal of Lipoma, then come to the clinic for your treatment with an empty stomach. Do not eat or drink anything for at least 9 hours
- It is also very important to make sure you don’t have any other health problem other than Lipoma or liposarcoma
Having usual Lipomas is not a medical issue, people get them treated to improve their physical appearance. Three best treatments for lipomas include,
- Excisional Surgery
- Steroid Injections
Liposuction is an effective way of getting rid of lipomas. In this technique, a cannula is placed inside the affected area to target Lipoma. The abnormal fat growth is broken down by the continuous physical motion of the cannula. The liquefied fat is then removed through the suction pipe attached to the cannula. It is an excellent alternative to surgery as it involves lesser recovery time, shorter scar, and impressive results. Another important benefit of this treatment is that it can remove multiple lipomas in just one go.
During the procedure, a small cut is made in the problem area and an unwanted soft lump is extracted out. Please note that this method is suitable for large-sized cannulas and because it is a minor surgery, local anesthesia is enough for it and the patients are allowed to return home on the same day.
A non-invasive way of eliminating lipomas from the body. Several steroid shots, containing fat-dissolving substances, are injected in the area around Lipoma to shrink its size or completely remove it. It is noteworthy that this treatment option is best for small-sized lipomas.
How Much Does it Cost to Treat Lipoma?
The dynamic clinic offers reasonably priced Lipoma Treatments. The average starting price of Lipoma Treatment in Dubai usually ranges from AED 5000 to AED 8000. The size, location, and depth of lipoma greatly upset actual price estimates. Big Lipoma may cost anywhere from AED 10,000 to AED 12,000. Further, you could pay more for liposuction, or surgical excision than steroid injections.
Why Choose Dynamic Clinic?
Our doctors bring their diverse experience in surgical and non-surgical treatments to provide you the best healthcare. We are committed to help our clients, fulfill their goals, and provide them exceptional results. So, if you are planning to have Lipoma Treatment in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah, Cosmetic Surgery clinic is the right place for you.
Book a Free Appointment:
The surgeries we offer at Dynamic clinic are done by board-certified plastic surgeons, who are experienced, trained, and as well as take care of every desire of the patient to deliver satisfactory and remarkable results to them. Enter your details in the form or call us to book a free consultation with one of our top doctors.
Dr Abdul Majeed Makkiya
Dr. Abdul Majeed Makkiya is Dynamic Clinic’s plastic, reconstructive and aesthetic surgeon for adults and teens with a passion for...View Profile
Dr. Dina Elyamani
Feel The Beauty Out Of Boundaries! Get yourself enhanced according to your expectation from the leading aesthetic facility of Dynamic...View Profile
Dr. Sannia Awais
Dr. Sannia Awais carries a rich experience in the field of aesthetic medicine, hair restoration, and hair transplant. She at Dynamic Aesthetic clinic is...View Profile