PPR stands for platelet-rich plasma. It is an effective and safe treatment for several orthopedic conditions. The innovative technique has made it easier for people to get rid of pain and degeneration in the knee. PRP shots can be injected in any area of the body as the treatment involves the utilization of the patient’s own blood components so there is no risk of experiencing any adverse event during or after the therapy. It can also be used to speed up sports injuries by stimulating the healing process.
Results of PRP Knee:
You will notice a remarkable reduction in pain, swelling, and knee stiffness after about two to three months of PRP therapy. According to a recent survey, the patients who got 2-3 PRP shots for knee received excellent results without experiencing any complication. While PRP treatment is best for managing pain associated with the knee, but you should know that the results are not permanent. You have to follow-up PRP shots every year to maintain the effects for a longer period.
There are plenty of amazing benefits that you can get from PRP treatment in Dubai. Some of them are given below,
- Promotes healing and rebuilds cartilage
- A superb treatment with long-lasting results
- Helps in controlling chronic knee pain
- Minimizes swelling in the area where osteoarthritis is present
- Good for those individuals who don’t want to undergo joint replacement surgery
- Rebuilds the immune system stronger and healthier
- Can treat ligament and tendon injuries by encouraging tissue growth
- Quick treatment, you will be returned to your normal activity levels within a few weeks
To enjoy the full results of PPR knee injection in Dubai, you have to put the following measures in place prior to the treatment.
- Stop taking anti-inflammatory medications three weeks before the treatment
- Quit smoking
- Refrain from drinking alcoholic drinks 48 prior to the treatment
How it is Done?
PRP knee injection Dubai takes almost 40-45 minutes to complete. The doctor starts the procedure by anesthetizing the affected area of the body. In the next step, a specified blood volume is drawn from your vein which is then placed in the centrifuge for about ten to fifteen minutes to isolate the platelets. The platelet-rich plasma is injected in the knees to reduce pain or to accelerate healing. The procedure is quick and simple but great skills and extensive experience of the practitioner is required to perform the treatment successfully.
In most cases, the patient recovers within 2-3 days after the therapy. Once the treatment is done, you will be allowed to return home. Mild pain or discomfort at the injection site is normal. And you can use pain killers to alleviate the inflammation. Remember that anti-inflammatory drugs and strenuous exercises should be highly avoided as they can slow down the healing process.
Potential Risks and Complications:
PRP is safe, FDA approved but still has some risks associated with it. The treatment may carry a risk of,
- Severe pain and swelling at the injection site
- Infection in the knee area
- Blood clots and nerve damage
To avoid them, you need to look for an experienced practitioner because only he can save you from them.
Book an Appointment:
If you are interested in PRP knee injection in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah then don’t delay booking an appointment at Dynamic Hair Transplant clinic to have your treatment. We are here to help you alleviate knee pain and stiffness without complications. Fill the form or call us to book a free consultation.