Transgender people have different gender identities, gender expressions, and behavior, this body traits do not match with the social and biological gender identity, Gender identification is a person’s inner significance of being a man, or female, The psychological, personal, and physical process that a transgender person goes through is complex and encompasses several steps. Transsexuality has had numerous ups and downs throughout history, whether it was accepted and standardized or deemed an illness, today, it is finally recognized as real pain, but not a disease. but this third term for gender can lead to severe depression because these people are socially degraded and humiliated by society, they assumed that society has no room for them, but don’t worry, transsexuals and sex-change operations are gaining popularity for more information about the Sexual Reassignment Surgery in Dubai, then keep reading.
The Aims of the Procedure:
Many people nowadays prefer the terms gender affirmation or confirmation surgery to describe a procedure that assists people in transitioning in connection to their inner sexuality. This procedure aimed at aligning the patient’s genitalia with their gender identity. After the procedure, the anatomical form and function of a transgender person’s present sexual characteristics are altered to resemble those socially associated with the specified sex. SRS is used to treat transgender people who are experiencing gender dysphoria.
These techniques produce amazing outcomes. The vagina is very similar to that of a biological woman, and the use of autologous tissues allows for pleasure during sexual intercourse. Patients are very pleased with the results of their phalloplasty, and the majority of them can confidently urinate standing up and have penetrative intercourse as long as the nerve junction and prosthetic insert are properly done; this procedure identified the unidentified biological organs.
To be eligible for surgery, you must first meet the following criteria:
- You must be physically fit.
- Obtain a doctor’s diagnosis of gender dysphoria.
- Recognize that the procedure is irreversible.
- If you want to transform your gender identity.
You should consult with a reputable healthcare provider before undergoing surgery. A healthcare expert can assist you in comprehending the troubles and usefulness of all surgical treatments. The expert will suggest some instructions before the process, which are given below:
- Discuss your complete medical history with the expert.
- Avoid all medications.
- Maintain proper hygiene in your intimate areas.
- Eat a portion of proper food and drink an abundance amount of water.
- Conduct all medical reports that are suggested by the expert.
Depending on the patient’s needs, there are two categories of these procedures, including female-to-male (FTM) and male-to-female (MTF). Both have identical pre-and post-operative care protocols, but the surgical approaches differ. You have the option of having facial contouring, or intimates alteration procedures.
- Cheekbones: Many transsexual women undergo cheekbone enhancement injections to transform their facial looks.
- Chin: sometimes applicants want to alter the chin by altering the formation of their lower face.
- Jawbone: A doctor may trim down your jawline or use fillers to enhance its appearance.
- Rhinoplasty: or nose reshaping surgery, may be performed if applicants want to boost their nose shape.
- The operation lasts more than 5 hours and is a very delicate procedure that necessitates a high level of technical expertise.
- The treatment is performed under general anesthesia, depending on the anesthesiologist’s preference.
- The procedure is divided into two parts: the first includes the removal of the penis and testicles, and the second involves the use of penile skin to construct the neovaginal chamber.
- The clitoris is formed by the top half of the glans, a very sensitive region, whereas the foreskin forms the intimates site.
- The neo-vulva and labia majora are formed from the scrotum’s outer components.
- In this process, the urethra’s outflow is shortened to allow you to urinate.
- This is a very sophisticated plastic surgery that demands a high level of technical competence on the part of the surgeon and takes between 8 and 9 hours to complete.
- The urologist will first rebuild the urethra using the vaginal site.
- The expert will next manufacture testicles from the labia majora that is identical to that of a transgender man.
- Forearm tissue is used for reconstruction, which must first be treated with laser hair removal.
- This skin flap covers and volumizes the internal canal, which will also be used for urination.
- After this surgery, the donor area of the forearm will be scarred and appear slimmer.
- The outcomes are frequently quite pleasant for the patient who manages to obtain a new penis that is 12–13 cm in length and capable of penetrating.
Other Procedures for a Transsexual Woman:
- Reduction of intimates.
- Breast implant placement (breast augmentation)
- Penis and scrotum amputations (penectomy and orchiectomy)
- Vaginal and labiaplasties (feminizing genitoplasty)
Procedure for Transgender Males:
- Mastectomy or breast reduction?
- The removal of female intimates including ovaries and uterus (oophorectomy and hysterectomy).
- Penis and male organ constructions.
Recovery and Post-processing:
Recovery times vary depending on the procedure or combination of procedures used.
- The candidates may feel swelling lasting two to four weeks after cheek and nose surgery.
- The bulk of the edema resolves in two weeks.
- The swelling could take up to four months to go gone.
- Swelling and pain from chest surgery last one to two weeks.
- You must refrain from severe activities for at least one month.
- The majority of people do not resume normal activities for some time after intimate surgery.
- Maintain proper intimate hygiene, use a neutral soap and a non-aggressive disinfectant, and dry gently to avoid damaging tissues and leaving scars.
- Applicants must avoid sexual activity.
- After the process, the applicants should wear loose, breathable undergarments, preferably cotton, and skirts rather than tight pants.
- If you detect any significant changes, such as fluid discharge or an unpleasant odor, notify your surgeon right away.
- Keep the operating area out of the cold.
This Gender Affirmation Surgery in Dubai helps individuals physically, mentally, and socially. The main advantages of the procedure are explained below:
- It enhances your look by fixing your outfit’s look.
- This procedure helps people recover from the depressing phase.
- They aid in mental and physical health.
- These procedures fulfill the personality development desired.
- It boosts confidence and ability.
- It fixes your intimates issues by recognizing your body part.
The hazards associated with various procedures are different and depend on multiple aspects. Individuals who have had bottom surgery, for example, may have altered sexual feelings or difficulty with bladder emptying. Significant problems are uncommon in general, as long as the treatment is performed by a qualified surgeon. There is a slight chance of complications with any surgery, including:
- Anesthesia side effects.
The Cost of Sexual Reassignment Surgery in Dubai can range between AED 25,000 and AED 60,000. The price varies according to the type of surgery, the intricacy of the procedure, the expertise of the doctor, and the location of the clinic. At the time of consultation, the expert will tell you about the approximate expenses.
Why Choose Us?
Enfield Royal Clinic in Dubai has specialized experts for gender transformation surgeries because the outcomes of the process depend on the doctor’s skills. If you want a secure process and satisfactory outcomes, just fill out the below-mentioned form and get your first free consultation. After examining the situation, the doctor will suggest a more appropriate process.