If you are suffering from hair loss and looking for a permanent solution to control it then Hair transplantation may be a perfect option for you. In this surgery, the patient’s own remaining healthy hair follicles are used in an effective manner to provide natural-looking results. It is well-suited for people with receding hairline or pattern baldness. The improvements made in the scalp through this surgery are very natural-looking therefore the demand for this hair treatment is increasing day by day.
How traditional hair transplantation is done?
The surgeon relocates the healthy follicles from the back and sides of the scalp, the donor area, to the thinning areas. The transplanted hair will fall out within 4-6 months and new hair will begin to grow in that area. From the surgery, hair growth is stimulated and the problem site will be fully covered with natural hair with 4-6 months. Thanks to this wonderful restoration technique as no one can ever claim that you’ve had anything done.
Advancements in Hair Transplantation:
Robotic Hair Restoration
Robotic hair transplant involves the use of image-guided robotics and intelligent algorithms to assist in manual hair restoration procedures. It is a less invasive procedure as compared to the traditional hair transplant. This method is virtually painless as no scalpel is used for stitches and sutures during the procedure. No risk of human error as robots operate. Thanks to this advancement because now doctors are performing this complex procedure with more accuracy, quickly and precisely.
Powered Hair Transplant
To obtain improved hair density by the transplant surgery, the doctors have started keeping donor hair follicles in plasma before placing them in the recipient site. Some doctors even perform a full PRP treatment in conjunction with hair transplants to provide unparalleled performance and excellent results. Powered hair transplant improves hair growth in transplanted follicles by making them survive successfully.
Laser Therapy after Hair Transplant
Some patients are placed under laser for a few minutes on the first day after the surgery to speed up the regrowth of the transplanted hair. It is a safe and effective way to increase hair growth after the transplant.
How can you Obtain ideal Results?
It is best to choose that surgeon for a transplant surgery who is an expert in it and has had received a good response from his previous patients. Surgeon’s expertise plays a major role in producing the desired results without complications. Besides, there are special candidacy criteria that have to be fulfilled by the patient in order to obtain ideal results. You are a perfect candidate for hair transplant if,
- You have a tight scalp
- You keep yourself in good health
- You have a healthy donor area with sufficient hair follicles
Must-know facts about Hair Transplantation
- The surgery is complex and takes almost 5-6 hours to complete. You will be allowed to return home on the same day but with a list of many aftercare instructions.
- Fuller results will be seen after about nine months so you have to wait patiently to see them.
- Wound healing takes time especially during the aging process so it is best to have the transplant in your 30s or 40s when you are not older enough.
- A considerable amount of hair will be grown by this hair restoration procedure
- Anesthesia will be used during the operation to avoid pain and to allow the patient to return home on the same day
- Not all the hair disorders can be treated with hair transplant