This article covers the things you should know about septoplasty and turbinate reduction in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah. So, if you are interested in knowing about this procedure, you will find it worth reading all the way through.
Turbinates are built-in air filters within the nose. They help in adding moisture to the air you breathe in. Besides, they are also responsible for keeping the nose warm and filtered. In short, turbinates are really very important for maintaining a stable temperature and moisture within the nose. Anyways, in some cases, these turbinates swell. This condition is called Turbinate Hypertrophy. And in general, people with turbinate Hypertrophy also face nasal septum deviation, which is a condition in which nasal cartilage and bone become crooked means that it may cause difficulty breathing and affect the quality of life.
If swollen turbinates and deviated septum are bothering you, however, there are several treatment options to resolve this problem. For example, you can go for saline spray, Turbinate Reduction & Septoplasty in Dubai, or nasal steroid, to get your deviated septum fixed.
Septoplasty with Turbinate Reduction:
While most nose treatments bring temporary relief, however, a septoplasty with turbinate reduction is the only long-term solution. Through this surgery, the surgeon repairs both septum and turbinate at once. Kindly note, septoplasty is not easy to perform and is painless to undergo if the practitioner is not experienced, so it is vital to find an experienced surgeon for this procedure.
How Should I Prepare for Septoplasty?
Patients must have a thorough evaluation to prepare for this nose surgery, including:
- Review of the medical history.
- Tailored treatment plan.
- Comprehensive physical exam.
To avoid pain and discomfort, anesthesia options include sedation, local anesthesia, or general anesthesia. Talk to your surgeon about which option is appropriate for you. He will instruct you about drinking, eating, and lifestyle habits before the operation, based on what type of sedation you have.
What will happen in my Surgery?
- It usually requires general anesthesia to perform a successful Septoplasty with turbinate reduction surgery. This type of anesthesia is administered to keep you asleep during the operation.
- In the next step, a small incision is made inside the nose.
- Through the incision, a septum is repaired and swollen turbinates are reduced to normal shape and size.
- The process takes 35 to 40 minutes to complete and once it is finished, you are transferred from the operation theater to the recovery room. Here you will be taken care of by the staff.
What does the Recovery after this Nose Surgery Look Like?
In general, patients return home within four to five hours after the surgery. However, it is likely to experience swelling and discomfort in the nose in three to four weeks. In addition, bleeding is common.
During recovery, you have to stay calm. This will help you recover faster after your septoplasty and turbinate reduction surgery
- While normal activities may be resumed immediately after the operation but avoid strenuous exercises for a few weeks.
- Keep the incision clean and dry.
- Don’t put any type of pressure on the nose. For this purpose, it is recommended to wear contacts instead of glasses.
- It is important to avoid taking showers for at least 24 hours after the surgery.
- Don’t take any anti-inflammatory medication without consulting a doctor.
What is the Cost of this Highly Invasive Procedure?
The cost of Septoplasty & turbinate reduction is highly variable and generally ranges from AED 25,000 to AED 35,000. It should be pointed out that the costs are often all out of pocket.
I hope this blog on Things you should know about septoplasty and turbinate reduction in Dubai” clears up all the confusion. Even though, if you want further details, Dynamic Aesthetic Clinic would be happy to help.