Hair transplant has become an increasingly popular surgery around the globe because of its brilliant results. Surgeons adopt one of these two techniques to deliver the type of results the patients want.
FUE stands for follicular unit extraction. In this method, a punching tool is used to create small round punches, usually at the sides and back of the scalp. From these small punches, functioning hair follicles are extracted and then planted in the balding areas of the scalp. Whereas FUT is a strip surgery, during the procedure a strip containing healthy hair follicles is removed and then stitched. Local anesthesia is given and from the extracted strip follicles are harvested.
Is hair transplant worth it?
The surgery is hundred percent worth it because the results produced by it are amazingly permanent. Hair transplant results in improved appearance of the scalp and increased self-confidence.
FUE is best
Between these two techniques FUE hair transplant is the best. But like all other cosmetic surgeries, it has pros and cons too. To know more about them, continue reading this blog.
- One of the biggest advantages of the treatment is that the surgery does not leave any long scar on the scalp. Scars produced by the treatment are small and insignificant and they can be easily hidden by the surrounding hairs
- Recovery period of FUE is shorter than FUT, the patient will be allowed to continue routine activities after just 4-7 days of the surgery
- This technique involves less bleeding as compared to FUT
- Larger donor area. In FUE, follicles are extracted from all over the scalp whereas in FUT the choice of donor area is limited because follicles are extracted only from the removed strip
- FUE is less invasive as compared to FUT and the patient leaves the clinic immediately after the procedure
- Local anesthesia is used so the risks involved with general anesthesia are reduced
- You can get FUE no matter what type of skin you have on your scalp
- The procedure is almost painless because follicles are extracted by using a punch machine. The smaller the size of the punches, the lesser is the pain
- Prepared grafts spend very little time outside hence they have longer life as compared to the grafts of FUT
- There are no major side-effects of the surgery
- If an experienced doctor is performing the surgery then there are 100 percent chances of getting best possible results of the surgery
- The surgery delivers natural-looking enhancements without downtime
FUE Hair transplant surgery has some disadvantages too,
- The cost of FUE hair transplant is little higher because surgeon uses advanced and state-of-art medical equipment during the procedure.
- It involves higher graft damage rate because the follicles are extracted one by one so it lessens the chances of their survival
- The patient has to shave the entire scalp before the surgery which could be very frustrating for most of the people
- You can get FUE transplant again and again but once you have undergone FUE you cannot go for FUT
Why choose us?
Now you know about all the benefits and risks of the procedure so carefully make your decision. The surgery is best solution to those who are suffering from pattern baldness. It stimulates the healthy hair growth and improves the overall look of the scalp. If you are unable to select the appropriate treatment then contact our team now. Our experienced and trained surgeons are willing to help you out.
Fill the consultation form to book your appointment with one of our experts now. We guarantee that you will get all the answers of your questions after consulting.