There are a lot of misconceptions regarding PRP and Botox. Many people get confused between their uses. A very few have actual knowledge about both of them. Here is some information we have gathered for you about cosmetic injectables in Dubai and how they are different from PRP.
What are cosmetic injectables?
Cosmetic injectables are injections that consist of different chemical agents that are either synthetic or available naturally.
What are the most common types of cosmetic injectables in Dubai?
Dubai is highly saturated with multiple cosmetic injections sold over the counter as well as delivered in the clinics. The ones that are available in our Clinic are safer, legal and authorised for use. Like:
- Dermal fillers
- Chemical peels
What is PRP?
A PRP stands for platelet rich plasma that is drawn from the body and is re-injected for the regrowth and regeneration of new cells.
What is the difference between Botox and PRP?
Botox is a cosmetic injectable that is made from a botulinum toxin. Whereas a PRP is a platelet rich plasma that is drawn from a candidate’s own body and is injected for the regeneration of new cells.
Botox can treat aesthetical problems but has little to no effect on pain relief. A PRP is not just limited to aesthetic purposes but also can be used as a pain relief injection.
PRP is used as a hair loss treatment in Dubai . On the other hand, Botox has no such effect on the regrowth of hair. It is only confined for the use on the skin alone.
PRP treatment or Botox, which one to choose?
If you are confused about which treatment to choose under which conditions we are here to help you out.
- For baldness and alopecia
- For a hair transplant after surviving chemotherapy
- For pain relief from Patellar Tendonitis
- knee joint pain and backache.
- For cheek lifting and contouring
- For the treatment of lockjaw
- For instantly plumbing up the lips
How is the procedure of Botox and PRP done?
Botox in Dubai is one of the most raging treatments in the aesthetic space. Our Clinic also welcomes about more than hundred patients for the treatment of Botox.
The procedure involves:
- The aesthetician will first map the areas that require Botox for example your lips cheek or forehead etc. When the areas are marked you will then be educated about the entire procedure.
- A local anaesthesia will be administered to block the pain channels and create a numbness.
- Once the local anaesthesia is sufficient then the esthetician will inject the botox over the different areas that are previously marked.
- The candidate will be left for some time to check for the signs of allergic responses. If there is no effect noticed then the candidate will be sent home with some post operative instructions.
- Within a few weeks or days the skin will start to show the effect.
- PRP in Dubai is widely used for hair transplantation. It is said to regrow long lost hair when every other treatment has failed to work out.
- The PRP procedure is slightly complex and more technical as compared to that of the botox. Here is how it goes:
- The candidate is said to rest and blood is drawn from the candidate’s body. This blood is then sent for centrifuging for the separation of plasma.
- The platelet rich plasma is then re-injected into the patient’s scalp for the stimulation of hair follicles for the growth of hair.