Endodontic therapy is a dental operation that involves placing a root canal in a tooth. However, the phrase “root canal” has come to be associated with endodontic therapy.
Causes of Root Canal Infection
A tooth infection will usually not produce any discomfort at all when it first begins. If your root cavity becomes inflamed, you will experience a sharp pain travelling through your mouth. Among the signs and symptoms are:
- Gum swelling is a common ailment
- Tenderness in the area was impacted
- Extreme ice and cold food sensitivity
- Intolerance to hot and spicy foods
Despite your thorough oral hygiene practise, an infection might occur for a variety of causes, including:
- Teeth deterioration
- Fillings that leak
- Dental caries
The root canal is a passageway for dental pulp that runs from the top of the tooth to the bottom. Blood veins, tissues, and nerves are all found in this pulp chamber. The teeth receive important nutrients from this natural cavity. When a patient contracts a bacterial infection, the tissues within the pulp begin to disintegrate, eventually resulting in pus. If the infection is not treated, it might spread from one tooth to the other.
5 Indications That Root Canal Treatment Is Required
When the pulp, the soft tissue inside the root canal, becomes inflamed or infected, root canal therapy in Dubai is required. Inflammation or infection can be caused by a number of factors.
- Deep deterioration
- Dental operations on the tooth that are repeated
- A chipped or cracked tooth
- Dental injuries
- Lymph node drainage and pain, as well as adjacent bone and gum tissues
Furthermore, even if a tooth has no obvious chips or breaks, an injury to the tooth might induce pulp damage. If pulp inflammation or infection is not addressed, it might result in pain or an abscess.
The removal of disintegrated soft tissue to clean away inflammation is known as root canal therapy.
Root canal treatment in Dubai can usually be completed in one appointment, although it is more likely to require two or more sessions.
- The dentist examines the tooth and takes x-rays before injecting a local anaesthetic.
- After numbing the tooth, the dentist covers it with a thin protective sheet called a “rubber dam” to isolate it and keep it clean and free of saliva during the treatment.
- The dentist drills a hole in the tooth’s crown. To clean the pulp from the pulp chamber and root canals and to form the area for filling, very small devices are employed.
- After cleaning and shaping the region, the dentist fills the root canals with a rubber-like material. To accomplish full root canal closure, the rubber-like is put with a biocompatible cement.
- Most of the time, a temporary filler is used to close the gap. Your dentist will remove the temporary filling before the tooth is repaired.
After the procedure is completed, the tooth is restored and strengthened with a permanent filling or crown. Depending on the severity of the illness and the tooth that is affected, some cases may require additional visits
Advantages of Root Canal Treatment
- Procedure is painless.
- If the treatment is successful, you can easily resume eating afterward.
- The likelihood of tooth extraction is decreasing.
- The original teeth’s functionality improves.
- Your chances of keeping the original tooth intact and healthy increase if the root canal treatment is performed by a highly qualified dental practitioner.
Care Following Treatment
During the recuperation period, patients are recommended to take good care of their teeth by brushing and flossing regularly and avoiding sweet and acidic foods and beverages. Chewing hard foods should be avoided until your dentist gives you permission. The recuperation time is quick, and there is little pain or discomfort. To help with these issues, medications are available.
Root Canal Therapy Cost In Dubai
The average cost of root canal treatment in Dubai and Abu Dhabi varies. Depending on the tooth position and severity, it normally costs between AED 2,000 and AED 5,000.
Request a Consultation
Schedule an appointment with one of best professionals in the best dental clinic in Dubai.