A procedure to lose weight by making modifications to the digestive system is known as Bariatric surgery. It’s suited for people who have serious health problems because of obesity. The surgeon amazingly reduces the size of the stomach to tackle overweight in patients. It should be pointed out that while it offers several benefits, but it possesses a lot of risks and side-effects as well. Also, it involves a long period of recovery. In a shell, this surgery is full of surprises: the good, the bad, and the ugly. Anyway, in this blog post, you will find everything you must know about bariatric surgery for weight loss in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah.
How Should I Prepare for the Surgery?
If you are interested in Bariatric surgery, make sure to choose a board-certified doctor who specializes in cosmetic surgery and has a lot experience with Bariatric surgeries.
Also, before you make an appointment, schedule a consultation with the specialist. He will review your medical history, discuss benefits, risks, complications and take photos for before & after assessment.
Other than that, it is important for patients to be able to follow the below instructions prior to the surgery:
- Avoid using caffeinated products one month before the surgery
- Maintain a workout routine for at least a month
- Discuss medical conditions, expectations, and allergies with the surgeon
- Become competent in follow-up care
- Including smoking and drinking, you should stop taking anti-inflammatory medications before surgery
- On the appointment day, wear loose comfortable clothing
Types of Bariatric Surgery:
The three primary types include sleeve gastrectomy, gastric bypass, and Biliopancreatic diversion
Who is the Candidate for Bariatric Surgery?
If strong attempts of exercise and diet have failed to deliver the desired results, Bariatric surgery is the most appropriate option. However, it’s important to fulfill the below criteria to be eligible for the procedure:
- You must have a BMI of 35 – 39
- Good general health is really very important
- Though there is no age limit to what age one can get benefit from Bariatric surgery, an ideal candidate is between 22 to 60 years of age
- Good candidates must have a strong immune system to fight against post-procedural complications
What does the Recovery after Bariatric Surgery Look Like?
After getting bariatric surgery in Dubai, you won’t be able to eat anything for about 48 hours. Also, you will have several medical checkups arranged at regular intervals.
During a checkup, the doctor will monitor the progress of the results, the side-effects, and overall health.
Bariatric surgery with good aftercare can give incredible upshots.
In the weeks following the surgery, the surgeon will have a special aftercare plan for you to follow. This may include
- A healthy sleep pattern matters a lot
- A liquid diet is another key to a successful, smooth recovery
- Avoiding strenuous exercises for at least a month is essential
- Stay on a liquid diet for about seven days
What is the cost of this surgery?
Depending on the type of bariatric surgery you have, the cost ranges from AED 22,000 to AED 35,000. The price also varies based on the health of the patient, the experience of the surgeon, medical equipment, and the location of the health center.
How to choose a surgeon!
There are several different factors that should not be ignored while choosing a surgeon for this invasive procedure which are as follows:
- What board certifications they have
- How long they have been in practice
- Before-and-after photographs
- How many bariatric surgeries have they performed?
If you need further information on “everything you must know about Bariatric surgery in Dubai”, please contact Dynamic clinic.