When people visit a dynamic clinic with a double eyelid complaint, they actually complain about excess fat and skin around the eyes. There’s this fantastic surgery called Blepharoplasty, aka Double Eyelid Surgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah. It involves lessening the appearance of creases above and below the eyelids. This helps people relieve tired eyes and look younger.
Read on if you are interested in exploring the risks, benefits, and everything else about this incredible cosmetic procedure.
Who is the Candidate?
Generally, Blepharoplasty is usually done to enhance the eyelids. However, sometimes doctors recommend this surgery for medical reasons too. You may want to get it done to polish up your vision. Regardless, it’s essential to make sure that you are suitable for the surgery. Fulfill the following eligibility criteria to ensure your treatment success:
- You have baggy and/or drooping eyelids
- You are looking to address eye puffiness
- You are 35 years or older
- You are physically prepared
How to Prepare:
It offers a permanent solution and has very mild side effects. But before having double eyelid surgery in Dubai, you’ll have to take these steps:
- Make sure the surgeon reviews your medical history
- Stop using herbal supplements, and blood thinners
- Create a healthy diet plan to follow after surgery
- Stop smoking
- Refrain from alcoholic beverages
How is Double Eyelid Surgery Done?
- The surgeon will administer anesthesia to make sure there is no pain during the operation
- Next, he will make an incision along the eyelid line and mark the skin to remove
- From the marked area, excess skin and fat will be eliminated
- In the end, incisions will be closed by stitches or glue
The following recovery notes will help you recover fast and smoothly:
- For at least 2 hours, try to keep your head elevated
- Do not use makeup for a recommended period
- Avoid using phones and watching TV
- Refrain from physical exertion. It’s better not to perform even simple household chores for a week at least
Recovery After Double Eyelid Surgery:
In patients who get Blepharoplasty for cosmetic purposes, downtime is usually less than a week. In our practice, patients are allowed to resume routine activities in 7 to 10 days. However, the surgery has some side effects that may take several months to go away.
Generally, patients are permissible to go home the same day as the procedure.
Possible risks associated with Double Eyelid Surgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah are:
- Light sensitivity
- Blurred vision
Are There Alternatives?
If you don’t want to undergo the knife to improve your eyes, botox may be an option. The doctor will inject botox around your eyes to give a significant lift to your brows. This is a minimally invasive procedure; it has fewer risks as compared with Blepharoplasty.
Other than Botox, Fillers may be worth a try. However, it is essential to note that doctors usually recommend fillers to treat fine lines, frown lines, and crow’s fee instead of eye puffiness.
Talk to your doctor about all the available options, and then make the final decision.
Schedule Your Upper Eyelid Surgery Consultation!
Before surgery, please consult with your surgeon so that he can tailor the procedure according to your goals. Remember, healthy and productive care starts with an honest conversation. It would help if you shared your expectations, goals, medical conditions with your surgeon. He will guide you through the procedure and help you set realistic expectations.
If you want to book an appointment at dynamic clinic, please fill out the short form. We’ll get back to you shortly.