What do you know about Septoplasty Dubai?
A septoplasty is a surgical procedure in which a cosmetic or plastic surgeon addresses breathing problems caused by a deviated septum.
This blog covers all the information and details that every patient needs in order to best prepare the body, nose, and more importantly himself for the operation.
Who might get Benefit from it?
Though the primary purpose of septoplasty is to create a nose through which one can breathe more easily, there are a lot of other reasons you may consider it.
First of all, since the doctor modifies the alignment of the septum in it so it also helps combat nasal polyps completely. Besides, it also allows patients to get rid of nosebleeds, snoring, pain, and apnea. Let’s cut the long story short, receiving septoplasty can improve the quality of life, appearance, and confidence levels. Anyway, good candidates for the surgery include:
- Males and females with breathing problems, sleep apnea, nasal polyps
- Anyone who has deviated septum caused by any injury
- 18 years old individuals are old enough physically to undergo this cosmetic procedure
How to Prepare for Septoplasty?
Nose surgeries are very popular nowadays and more and more people are opting to have these surgeries in Dubai where health tourism has taken root. Therefore, whether you have septoplasty booked in already or are planning to arrange it, it’s really very important to how to prepare for the procedure so that you can enjoy maximum success. The better you prepare, the better results you will get.
There are a number of pre-operative instructions to follow but fortunately, each one is easy, simple, and requires very little effort. Read on to learn more.
- Stop smoking and drinking, at least 72 hours before the surgery
- Medications that have anti-inflammatory effects can adversely affect the surgery’s outcome so they should not be taken for at least a month before
- Septoplasty may require general anesthesia. In that situation, avoid eating anything the night before the surgery
- Before surgery, be sure you have a friend who can drive you home following the operation.
What happens during Septoplasty?
During septoplasty, the surgeon adjusts the bent bone & cartilage in the nasal septum – the basic support structure of the nose. Anyhow, please note that septoplasty is less invasive than conventional Rhinoplasty therefore, it involves much faster recovery.
How Much does it Cost?
Septoplasty in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah will probably cost you around 18,000 AED. However, by and large, you could say the surgery could cost around 15,000 to 22,000 the United Arab Emirates Dirhams depending on the city the clinic is located and the cost of services.
Though the price is an important consideration of having septoplasty, there are many other things that deserve to be given importance. These may include:
- It is significant to make sure you choose a highly trained, certified, and experienced surgeon to perform this procedure.
- Your operation should be done in the hospital where the plastic surgeon and other staff involved are willing to work together to make sure everything goes well during the procedure and you have a smooth recovery afterward.
What does the Recovery Look Like?
Septoplasty may have a prolonged duration of action, mainly because the nose is too sensitive. Also, you may be given splints to place inside your nose for at least two weeks and that will certainly cause discomfort during the recovery phase.
Most patients are usually able to return to work within 1-2 weeks once the splint is removed. Besides, there is no swelling, scarring, or bruising on the nose or around the eyes because the operation is performed through the nostrils. However, you can expect to have major side-effects, if you have a septoplasty with Rhinoplasty.
Is it Worth it!
The final upshots of Septoplasty are incredible, life-changing, and absolutely worth it. It helps patients relieve hindrance in breathing and improve the look of their nose.
I hope this blog answers your question, what do you know about septoplasty in Dubai. However, for further details, contact us anytime.