An operation that can bless you with a new, beautiful figure is termed bariatric in Dubai. Generally, patients turn to this option when weight loss pills, diet, and even exercise have been failed to give them desirable results. Note that it’s an appropriate option when you want to lose a lot of weight at once.
The two most popular weight-loss approaches include gastric sleeve and gastric bypass. Both target patient’s stomachs to help him/her lose excess weight and lessen the risk of fatal obesity-related problems.
Anyway, in this blog post, we’ll take a closer look at the pros and cons of bariatric surgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah in order to help you make an informed decision.
- You can shed a lot of pounds with this surgery. Now, that also means, you can get a body shape you have always dreamt of via this surgery.
- While the primary purpose is to lose weight, it also offers several health benefits. It prevents and improves obesity-related conditions in the same drive. For example, with this surgery, you can minimize the risk of High BP, diabetes 2, sleep apnea, and cholesterol, and strokes.
- Generally, patients get general anesthesia before undergoing the operation. This anesthesia makes patients unconscious. Precisely speaking, with it, you don’t feel any pain or discomfort at all.
- It provides fast, dramatic, and lasting results. In short, you achieve a perfect hourglass figure that stays with you forever.
Every cosmetic and medical treatment has benefits as well as risks. Let’s discuss the risks now:
- Your body may not be able to absorb enough nutrients after having it
- Patients should expect swelling, bruising and mild discomfort right after having the surgery.
- There is a chance that any of these life-threatening health problems such as hernia, bleeding, perforation of the stomach, Gallstones, and breakage will occur.
- When it comes to downtime, there may occur some feelings of regret after getting this cosmetic surgery since a very long downtime is associated with it. For at least a month or two, you won’t be able to perform strenuous activities. Besides, it will affect your sex life as well.
- Obese patients who consider these weight loss surgeries pay a lot of money to get the desired results.
- Not everyone can undergo this highly invasive procedure. And especially individuals below the age of 18 or above 60 are strictly advised not to have it.
What does the recovery look like?
After the operation is finished, you will be shifted to the recovery room. There, the staff will observe the vital signs. They may also check the incisions for the symbols of infection, allergies, and bleeding.
Anyway, please remember, if you show any signs of post-operative complications, you can expect to stay overnight so that you are provided with the best post-operative care throughout your stay. Briefly, this will help you get the smoothest, and fastest recovery.
Key Points to Remember:
Before you decide to have this surgical procedure you should:
- Make sure you know all the pros and cons of bariatric surgery in Dubai
- Determine how risks are going to affect your personality
- Explore all the treatment options
- Ensure you have a lot of knowledge make a strong decision
- Check surgeon’s credentials
For this purpose, schedule a consultation with the surgeon prior to the surgery. You both should talk about the available treatment options and then make an informed decision.
Besides, you should hear about what other sufferers with your condition have decided to do and what results have been given to them by the clinic’s surgeons.
Note: Remember, just because surgery hasn’t worked for your relative doesn’t mean you would be disappointed too.
For further details, book your appointment at Dynamic clinic today!