If you are considering Liposuction — a popular cosmetic surgery procedure – you need to weigh up the risks and benefits in order to be a well-informed patient.
Liposuction, more commonly known as lipo is a surgical procedure that removes fat from specific body areas. It improves appearance and gives an added boost to self-esteem. Usually, certified cosmetic surgeons perform Liposuction Surgery. The results are natural-looking and long-lasting and recovery times are fairly shorter.
Anyhow, how safe is liposuction in Dubai? Are there Side-effects? If so, can we manage them? You’ll learn the answers to these questions in this article. Keep reading.
How is Liposuction Done?
- Traditional lipo — which uses a cannula to melt fat — is performed under general anesthesia.
- The professional makes an incision across the problem site and inserts a thin, sterilized cannula.
- The cannula is then moved back and forth which liquefies fat deposits to allow for easy, smooth removal
- Finally, the surgeon sucks out the liquefied fat by means of a suction pipe
The good news: Even traditional liposuction is performed on an outpatient basis. You are allowed to leave the clinic the same day as the surgery. However, it is very important to take good care of the treated area.
Within a week, you will be able to see the most results. The treatment site will look smoother, flatter, and firmer. But if you have scars, the result will take relatively longer — maybe two to three weeks or more.
Liposuction is safer and more effective than it has ever been before. But, of course, as with other cosmetic procedures, there are some risks inherited. It is important to note that the risk level will depend on the technique used, the health, and medical history.
Your liposuction may result in:
- Blood clots
The surgeon will talk about these risks before consenting to the treatment!
Failed liposuctions may cause:
- Internal organs impairment
- Fluid accumulation
- Botched/ suboptimal results
- Poor and slow wound healing
- Heart problems
- Fat embolism
Because liposuction is usually performed through a very small incision in the problem site, there is no risk of major and highly noticeable scars.
Feelings of Regret:
Another major risk in liposuction is that you might not be happy with the outcome of your surgery. Although it does not impact your health, it can have several long-term adverse effects on your self-image, confidence, and self-esteem.
At the initial consultation, Dr. Abdul Majeed will discuss the procedure in detail to make you a well-informed patient. He will also make sure that you are aware of all the possible complications as well as results. All in all, at Dynamic clinic, patients leave consultations with realistic expectations.
- In general, Liposuction Surgery in Dubai is safe. But as with other cosmetic procedures, there are a few risks associated.
- For successful liposuction, you should see a certified, and highly experienced cosmetic surgeon. Only they can give you desired results without awful complications.
- The more common risks include swelling, pain, and bleeding.
To find out more about how safe is liposuction in Dubai, give us a call on +971588230420!