How long does it take to recover from a breast reduction surgery in Dubai, Abu Dhabi & Sharjah? Read on to become competent in everything you should know.
Are you thinking of making your breasts smaller? A procedure to eliminate extra skin fat and tissues from the boobs is called breast reduction surgery. Generally, women opt for this surgery to make their breasts in proportion to the body. However, there are some other reasons too. Maybe they want to get it done because their heavy breasts cause pain in the neck and back. Anyways, no matter what the reason, surgery is always an option for your big breasts.
While the results are astonishing, there is a pretty long road to recovery because it’s major surgery. Most patients perform routine activities after two to three weeks. In addition, they experience some side effects too. So, please make your decision wisely. Think long and hard about it and then make a choice.
Before undergoing surgery, it’s very important to set realistic expectations.
There is going to be a lot of discomforts and swelling in the breast in the first few days.
Also, you’ll likely not be able to walk properly.
You may experience some changes to your nipple sensitivity following the operation. Take over-the-counter pain relievers and avoid caffeine to alleviate.
Because everyone responds to cosmetic surgeries differently, it’s difficult to tell you the exact recovery time. Genuinely, it’ll need about six to seven weeks to recover fully. However, you’ll begin to see some results within a week.
Aftercare is considered essential following Breast reduction. Here are few pre-operative instructions for helping your recovery run smoothly:
- It’s better to take two weeks off from work to let the breasts heal well.
- Put off strenuous exercises in the first few weeks.
- Be sure to bring the downtime up to your doctor in the initial consultation.
- Switch to non-alcoholic drinks for some time
- Do not smoke for at least three to four months
- Keep your chest as elevated as possible. For this purpose, it’s a good idea to use extra pillows while you sleep.
- Go in for your follow-up sessions between seven to ten days. He will remove the stitches that need to come out, monitor progress, and evaluate the results.
- You should be fully open with the doctor. Discuss any physical and emotional issues you are going through.
It is an outpatient surgery that typically takes about three to four hours to complete.
You can go home the same day. However, you’ll probably feel tired for some time.
To get a smooth recovery, follow the doctor’s directions carefully.
Why Choose us?
Deciding to make your breasts smaller be an incredibly liberating moment. It’s something that can affect you both physically and mentally and influence your quality of life. At the dynamic clinic, we’d love to help you seek information, make your recovery as smooth as possible, and clear all your doubts. Without delay, please fill our short consultation form or call us at +971588230420 to schedule your appointment.