Hair is thin strands like fibers that start from the scalp and end up getting longer and longer. It is a complex structure that plays an essential role in maintaining its growth. Hair consists of hair roots, hair follicles, and hair shafts. The hair shaft is the visible growth of hair. While hair follicles and hair roots can not be seen with the naked eye. Hair follicles surround the hair root and both provide nutrition to the hair shaft to make it longer and stronger. People face hair loss when these follicle does not get enough nutrition to deliver it to the shaft. It occurs due to inadequate nutrition to the scalp. When several minerals, nutrients, and proteins are deficient, hair loss occurs. And become the cause of baldness if not treated. Due to this, trichologists have invented several treatments for hair loss But Can PRP Help Treat Hair Loss?
What is it?
PRP is the acronym for platelet-rich plasma. In this treatment, the doctor uses the individual’s platelets to control hair loss. He takes the blood of the patient and centrifuges it. This process of centrifugation separates the platelet-rich plasma from the blood. The doctor then administers it directly to the scalp with the help of injections.
Does PRP Treat Hair Loss?
PRP can help to treat hair loss and also stimulates new hair growth. It is a minimally invasive procedure that nurtures hair follicles and encourages the production of new hair. Moreover, it enhances the health of the scalp by reducing infections and inflammation. This treatment seeks to improve blood flow to the scalp, which in turn promotes faster hair growth.
PRP is a safe and minimally intrusive procedure. In this procedure, the doctor takes the blood from the patient’s arm. Hen then centrifuges it to separate the plasma and other blood components.
The experts prefer performing this procedure in their office under their supervision. He uses an injection to administer the platelets into the scalp. The growth factors in the scalp fulfill the protein and nutrients requirement of the hair. And eventually, treat the hair loss:
- The doctor first explains the benefits and side effects of the procedure that relates to this procedure.
- He centrifuges the blood of the patient taken from the arm.
- Pours the centrifuged platelets into the needle.
- Dermatologists administer local anesthesia on the scalp to decrease the pain and discomfort.
- Injects the scalp with the prepared needles.
- Moreover, some doctors use a technique called micro-needling, which involves puncturing the skin with small needles. It enables the PRP to penetrate the scalp more deeply.
PRP is a less intrusive procedure than other hair restoration treatments. There are no side effects or complications that link to this procedure. However, the doctor still advises the patient to follow the aftercare guidelines to make outcomes more successful and effective:
- Do not use any chemical products including hair dyes on the scalp.
- Keep out of the sun for one-week post-treatment.
- Refrain from using hair products for 48 hours.
- Avoid the usage of blood thinning medications.
- Drink an adequate amount of water.
- Make sure to keep the area of the scalp clean and tidy.
- Avoid sweat-producing activities because the sweat on the scalp may lead to infections.
Hair loss is becoming a serious issue in today’s society. The most common and effective treatment to treat hair loss is PRP treatment because it also helps to promote new hair growth:
- An efficient method to stop hair loss.
- Delivers outcomes that are natural looking and last longer.
- Enhance the condition of the scalp by improving blood circulation.
- Increase the growth of new hair.
- A quick and safe procedure that only takes 30 minutes or so.
- Has no negative effects as it utilizes the blood of the patient.
- Non-surgical procedure.
- Requires no incisions or stitches that may cause pain.
- Improves self-confidence.
Book A Consultation:
Can PRP Help Treat Hair Loss is a major concern the individual face before opting for the procedure. Our clinic in Dubai has licensed and experienced doctors who work professionally with their teams. Moreover, they aim to clear all the concerns of the individual. We offer this procedure at a very cost-effective rate. Fill out the appointment form and schedule a consultation at the present moment to make your scalp full of hair.