There is a strong correlation between a person’s personality and their eyes, which have long been thought of as the windows to the soul. The appearance, expression, and interaction of the eyes can provide information about their personality and demeanor. While some people face wrinkles and sagging of the skin under their eyes. It not only seems unattractive to other people but also causes discomfort for the people themselves. Such people try harder to get rid of these wrinkles and eye bags but fail. Moreover, some people face the weakening of eye muscles due to aging, which causes the drooping of eyelids, eyebags, and blurred vision. Fortunately, physicians have come up with a solution to all these problems. Dynamic Aesthetic Clinic offers the Best Upper And Lower Eyelid Surgery In Dubai.
What is it?
The slender, adaptable folds of skin that cover and shield the eyes are known as eyelids. Both the upper and lower eyelids, which are present in each eye, play crucial roles in preserving eye health and vision. The eyelids, which are layers of skin, muscles, connective tissues, and conjunctiva, shield the eyes from potential danger. In addition, distribute tears to keep the eyes wet and lubricated, control how much light enters the eyes, and make blinking easier.
A cosmetic surgical treatment called blepharoplasty, commonly known as upper and lower eyelid surgery aims to enhance the look of the eyelids. It entails removing extra skin, fat, and occasionally muscle from the upper and/or lower eyelids. And eventually helps the individual to look younger and more refreshed.
Upper eyelid surgery helps to treat the problems of the upper eyelid. It frequently helps to treat sagging or drooping eyelids, which can make the eyes look old or fatigued.
While, Lower eyelid surgery focuses largely on the lower eyelids and tries to treat problems including wrinkles, puffiness, and under-eye bags.
Upper and lower eyelid surgeries can be carried out separately or concurrently depending on the desired results and the advice of the surgeon. However, the particular surgical approach and extent may change as it completely relies on the objectives and demands of each patient.
Since eyelid surgery is an invasive approach, therefore, it must be performed under the supervision of a highly skilled and competent surgeon. Similarly, a thorough assessment and consultation with a medical expert is also important. He will assist in deciding whether the operation is appropriate for the individual or not. Moreover, he will also go through any risks or probable side effects and set reasonable expectations for the results.
- After evaluating your general health, the doctor initiates the treatment by administering local anesthesia. Sometimes, he may also apply sedation and general anesthesia in order to ensure the comfort of the patient during the surgery.
- In order to minimize visible scarring, he makes the incision along the upper eyelid’s natural crease. Furthermore, he also makes an incision in the lower eyelid just below the lash line. Depending on the anatomy of the individual and the degree of correction required, the incision’s length and location may differ.
- During the upper eyelid surgery, after making the incision the doctor delicately removes extra skin, fat, and muscles (if required) to treat sagging or drooping eyelids then he tightens and restores the residual skin cautiously to provide a smoother, more youthful look.
- Similarly, in lower eyelid surgery, the surgeon tightens the underling, muscles, and tissue. It eventually helps to enhance the shape of the lower eyelid. In certain circumstances, a tiny amount of extra skin is also cut off or altered to get the desired outcomes.
- Uses fine sutures to seal the incisions. These sutures can be taken out a week or two later. In order to reduce obvious scarring, the sutures are often positioned within the natural creases of the eyelid.
To guarantee adequate recovery and reduce problems after eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty), aftercare measures are important to follow. Following are some typical aftercare instructions that the surgeon suggests. However, these aftercare measures may differ according to your surgery and the references of the surgeon.
- Apply a cold pack on the incision area as it can help reduce swelling and bruising.
- Take pain medications or over-the-counter pain relievers to reduce pain and swelling. Make sure to use your medicines as your doctor directs.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes from sunlight, dust, and wind.
- Make sure you sleep with your head elevated. It will assist to reduce edema and improve recovery.
- Use prescribed lubricating eye drops or ointments to keep your eyes moisturized and prevent dryness or discomfort.
- Attend all follow-up appointments with your doctor to assess your progress.
- Avoid strenuous and heavy lifting exercises to prevent excessive sweating and promote healing.
- Wash your face with a gentle, non-irritating cleanser.
- Always use a soft touch on your face and surgical site to avoid any complications
- Apply sunscreen to protect your skin from direct sunlight.
Eyelid surgery, commonly known as blepharoplasty, has several advantages for people looking to improve their appearance or treat certain eyelid-related issues. Following are a few potential advantages of eyelid surgery
- Reduce drooping eyelids and extra skin.
- Remove the bags beneath the eyes.
- Raising sagging upper eyelids can improve eyesight.
- Rejuvenation of the eye region helps to make the face look younger.
- Increase in self-assurance and better self-esteem.
- Provides outcomes that last.
- For comprehensive results, it is feasible to use other facial rejuvenation techniques.
Book A Consultation!
Dynamic Aesthetic Clinic offers the Best Upper And Lower Eyelid Surgery In Dubai. We have professional physicians who work in coordination with our cooperative staff. If you have any further queries about the eyelid surgery. Feel free to consult our doctor. Fill out the consultation form and book your appointment in no time.