The first thing people notice about you is your teeth when you smile. If you are going through some condition and you let it be and do not treat it. It eventually gets worsen. Similarly, if you are facing a root canal infection and you do not treat it on time. It causes more pain and discomfort. When we eat, the food adheres to our teeth during the chewing process. Gradually, this stuck food contaminates the bacteria and causes infections. These infections spread in the tooth and ultimately break it. This causes pain and discomfort in the tooth. Most people are afraid of getting treatment for root canal system infection. The major concern they have is Why Do I Need to Treat my Root Canal System Infection. This is because this infection can cause extreme pain that has no tolerance level.
What is it?
Bacterias are present in the mouth. When these bacteria get access to the inner part of the tooth it starts causing infections. When teeth break or crack due to any injury or trauma. The bacteria invade the tooth and start multiplying in it. Resultantly, it damages the inner tissue of the tooth and causes infections.
The dentist usually treats the root canal system infection by root canal treatment. They also term it an endodontic treatment. In this treatment, the doctors remove the infected tissue of the tooth and fill in the gap with the filling material. This procedure helps to save the infected or damaged tooth from further damage.
Sign and Symptoms:
Root canal system infection occurs due to the bacteria that cause the infection in the tooth. These bacteria enter the inner part of the tooth and start infecting its pulp. The infection of the pulp causes several signs and symptoms such as
- Pain on eating, drinking, and touching the affected tooth.
- Discoloration of the tooth.
- Foul smell from the mouth.
- Increase in sensitivity of hot and cold temperatures.
- Inflammation of the gums.
- Draining of pus from the tooth in worsen condition.
- Tenderness in lymph nodes of neck and jaws.
The dentist performs this procedure in their clinic. It is a non-invasive treatment but can cause discomfort and pain to the patient. Sometimes the pain of this infection is unbearable in this case you should immediately consult the doctor for treatment.
- The doctor will first examine your tooth with X-ray. He uses the X-ray to ensure whether your tooth needs the treatment or not.
- He makes the treatment by giving local anesthesia.
- Uses a drill machine to make an access point in the tooth to outreach the area of infection
- Cleans the area and reshapes the root canal.
- Disinfects the area to kill the remaining bacteria. He may also apply medications to irrigate the treatment area.
- Finally, he fills the root canal with a special filling material to make sure no bacteria enter the tooth again.
The result of this treatment totally depends on the severity of the infections. This treatment is highly successful with success rates of 90%. It decreases the pain and discomfort straight away after the treatment. Mainly, the goal of this treatment is to remove the infected tissue and bacteria from the root canal and also prevent the tooth to get further infections
Sometimes, if the infection spreads on a larger scale, the dentist decides to remove the tooth. But if they save the tooth from extraction. They prescribe antibiotics to the patient to ensure that the infection is completely gone. Moreover, sometimes they also use a crown on the tooth to improve its appearance.
This treatment is non-intrusive and has no complications. But this treatment aids in removing the bacterial infection. So the clients must be very careful in following the aftercare measures to ward off the recurrence of infections.
- Do not use the treated tooth for chewing as it may be numb for some days.
- Eat a liquid diet or drink soups.
- Avoid eating a hard or crunchy diet.
- Take your prescribed medications on time.
- Drench your mouth with lukewarm water every 10 hours.
- Quit smoking.
- Maintain oral hygiene of the mouth.
- Do not skip any appointment with your dentist.
Root Canal Treatment in Dubai helps to cure this disease very effectively. It is the best treatment that eliminates the infection from the tooth. Furthermore, is a cost-effective procedure that relieves unbearable toothache in a short span.
- Intercepts the infections from spreading into surrounding teeth.
- Makes the pain of the tooth dull and diminish.
- Prevent the teeth from extraction.
- Increases your self-confidence by averting the tooth from loss.
- Improves the oral hygiene.
- Decrease the swelling of gums.
- Counteract the risk of degeneration of the jawbone.
Book A Consultation!
The internal hygiene of tooth requires the root canal treatment. Dynamic Clinic in Dubai has qualified dentists that are proficient in performing this treatment. If you want some more details about Why Do I Need to Treat my Root Canal System Infection. Then consult our dentists now. Filling out our consultation form is the easiest way to approach our dentist. So book an appointment now and get your treatment.