Humans and many other animals have teeth in their mouths, which are solid, calcified structures. They compose of dentin, a mineralized tissue that makes up the majority of the tooth structure. Enamel is the hard, transparent covering that covers the outside of the tooth. A soft substance termed pulp is present in the interior part of the tooth and contains nerves, blood vessels, and connective tissue. As every part is important, similarly teeth also play an importance in aesthetic appearance. One of the most important components of face beauty is one’s smile, which is greatly influenced by the alignment, shape, and color of the teeth. But most people do not smile properly due to open cavities or tooth discoloration. However, dental procedures like Dental Filling in Dubai & Abu Dhabi can improve such conditions. But do you know What Does a Dental Filling Do?
What is Dental Fillings?
Dental fillings are a restorative dental procedure that helps to repair and replace teeth that have been damaged or decayed. A filling helps to repair cavities in teeth, which are holes that mostly occur due to dental caries (tooth decay), and to return the tooth’s structure and function.
The dentist uses a biocompatible substance such as composite resin. These fillings fill in the gap in the tooth and prevent further decay, stop further infection, and also stop bacteria from re-entering the tooth.
A dental filling is the best procedure that can help treat cavities in the tooth and provide a tooth with a complete appearance. Moreover, the dentist performs this procedure in their clinics. It is a minimally invasive procedure that can take 30 minutes to an hour to complete.
- The dentist first overlooks the patient’s past medical history and present medical condition. He also assesses the condition of the tooth and takes an X-ray to see the depth of decay or damage.
- Applies local anesthesia on the tooth to be treated to reduce pain and discomfort during the procedure
- Using specialized equipment, he cleans the decayed tooth. During cleaning, he ensures that no bacteria or debris remains in the decayed tooth.
- After cleaning the cavity, the doctor prepares the tooth for the filling to provide precise contours and filling space.
- He then fills the prepared tooth with the filling material like resin or porcelain. And further shapes and sculpts the filling to match the tooth’s natural features.
- He examines the final filling to make sure it mixes in with the neighboring teeth and performs its intended functions properly.
Dental fillings are one example of a dental procedure that requires aftercare measures to preserve oral health and extend the life of the dental work. The filling can remain intact, the neighboring teeth can stay healthy, and any discomfort or sensitivity can be reduced with the right amount of care and attention.
- Maintain proper oral hygiene.
- Make sure you floss daily and brush your teeth twice a day.
- Avoid vigorously cleaning the area surrounding the filled tooth and instead use a toothbrush with soft bristles.
- To give the filling material time to properly set, avoid biting on anything sticky or hard right after the filling treatment.
- Because the tooth may be temporarily sensitive to hot and cold foods and drinks, use caution when eating and drinking them.
- Biting down on something hard, like ice or pencils, might harm the filling.
- Attend routine dental checkups and cleanings to keep an eye on the filling’s health and preserve its durability.
- If you have any lingering soreness, sensitivity, or strange changes near the filled tooth, call your dentist right once.
Benefits of Dental Filling:
Dental fillings provide advantages that go beyond simply saving decaying teeth. Dental fillings are essential for preserving the appearance, functioning, and health of the mouth. Fillings provide a number of benefits by repairing cavities and harmed tooth components.
- Restores the tooth’s functioning, making eating and biting more pleasant.
- By capping the cavity and preventing microorganisms from reentering, it stops further degradation and infection.
- Helps to keep the tooth’s structural integrity intact, avoiding further deterioration or breakage.
- Maintains the tooth’s natural look and guarantees a perfect integration with neighboring teeth.
- Supports the appropriate spacing and alignment of adjacent teeth, avoiding movement or misalignment.
- By eliminating decaying regions and fostering a healthy tooth structure, it improves overall oral health.
- Reduces pain and minimizes dental sensitivity by protecting exposed nerves.
- Cost-effective procedure than other dental treatments
Book A Consultation!
Dynamic Clinic in Dubai offers dental filling procedures under the supervision of well-qualified dentists. They will make sure to clear all your concerns regarding the procedure including What Does a Dental Filling Do? However, if you want an appointment with our competent dentist, then just complete the consultation form and schedule your appointment right away.