A baby born with any deformity is upsetting and heart-touching. There are many hereditary diseases and the most common of all is cleft palate. The majority of babies are born with cleft palate and they face many problems in suckling and speaking. In past, there was no treatment for babies born with this defect. But with progress in cosmetic surgery, the procedure for cleft palate has been introduced.
Palate repair surgery is a fruitful procedure to regain the original lip structure. Multistage treatment is carried out with the participation of many specialists to obtain better and more noticeable results. So come and know about Palate Repair Surgery in Dubai to make your child free from this deformity.
What is Cleft Palate?
It is a hereditary disease that results in incomplete development of the child’s mouth during pregnancy. It results in the formation of a small hole in the roof of the mouth. It is termed a birth defect and can also be caused by other factors. Cleft palate is a medical and cosmetic issue that not only affects the physical appearance of the face but a baby also faces difficulty in eating and speaking.
Palate Repair Surgery:
This surgery has been invented to fix the problem of cleft palate. This is done to fix the hole created between the nose and the oral cavity. The doctor adjusts the muscles of the soft palate so that the child can speak properly. This is a delicate procedure and general anesthesia is given to keep the baby safe from pain and discomfort. It is completed within a time period of 3-4 hours depending upon the method and technique used to repair the cleft palate. The child has to stay in the hospital for one to two nights after surgery.
Follow some measures before the surgery to avoid multiple complications during the procedure.
- Do not blood thinners, aspirin, and other blood-thinning supplements. It can cause excessive bleeding during the surgery.
- Make sure your child is not suffering from viral infections such as flu or sore throat. If he is suffering then you must inform your healthcare provider.
- Inform your doctor about all the medical tests taken, any past surgery, and overall health.
- The child should not overeat before coming for surgery because he may feel nausea.
What is the Procedure of Palate Repair Surgery?
This surgical attempt to restore the upper lip appearance and create a favorable attempt to make the middle region of the child’s face look better and normal. This procedure is performed in certain steps given below
- Firstly local anesthesia is given to ensure the comfort of the child. The doctor will administer the accurate amount of anesthesia to the child.
- In the next step, a small device is placed in the mouth to keep the mouth fully open.
- Then incisions are made in the muscles and intraoral tissues of the soft palate on either side of the palate.
- The tissues of the soft palate are perfectly aligned to meet both sides of the cleft and close the opening. The palate is rebuilt and normal upper lip function is restored.
- The repositioned tissues are stitched together and normal feeding ability is attained.
- These incisions appear on the upper lines of the nose or lips and disappear over time as the baby grows.
After the surgery is done bandages are applied to the treated area. The doctor will prescribe specific care for the home that includes
- Medications should be taken properly to promote the healing process and reduce pain and discomfort.
- Keep that treated area clean to prevent any risk of infection in the baby.
- Dietary restrictions should be strictly followed.
- Do not eat hard solid food. Drink juices and eat a soft diet that can be easily swallowed.
- In case of pain and discomfort, you can give your child painkillers to get relief.
- You should apply sunscreen when going out.
Is Palate Repair Surgery Painful?
In any surgical process, pain and discomfort are common. Your healthcare provider will give a proper plan for pain management but your child may still feel uneasy. Some discomfort is expected but will be minimized by painkillers.
What is the Cost of Palate Repair Surgery in Dubai?
The average cost of this surgery ranges from AED 15,000 to AED 35,000 in Dubai. The cost may vary depending upon certain factors such as the geographical location of the clinic, the experience of the doctor, and how major the surgery is. But this is the most affordable procedure performed in our clinic that improves the facial appearance of the child.
Why Choose Us?
Restore normal lip and nose structure and attain a normal facial appearance. Treat the cleft palate of your baby at Dynamic clinic in Dubai at in affordable price. Moreover, other unique factors such as well-qualified doctors, cooperative and well-mannered staff, good comfort zone make our clinic more reputable and popular. Visit our clinic and get to know about Palate Repair Surgery Cost in Dubai.