Gastric sleeve surgery is becoming safer and more effective for obese people. It is very popular because of the laparoscopic technique. The treatment has an immediate effect on weight loss through caloric restriction. It also improves blood sugar control and reversal. The procedure takes less time and is less complex than a gastric bypass. But it does not demand the placement of a foreign body in the body. It results in excellent weight loss and diabetes reversal. Everyone is unique and has a unique body. If you are looking for Is Gastric Sleeve A High-Risk Surgery in Dubai? This is an impressive treatment for many people. But, some people are confused about their weight. Nothing is effective, no matter how hard you try. Your struggle to lose that stubborn fat is ineffective.
What is a Gastric Sleeve?
It helps remove a specific part of the stomach. This method allows for a wide and stretchable area of the stomach to be transitioned. This is then transformed into a long, narrow sleeve. Once the treatment is completed, it is permanent. There are no extraneous objects introduced into the body. There are no other changes made to the operated part of the stomach after the surgery.
The first step is to meet with a qualified surgeon to determine if it is appropriate for you. The surgeon will go over your medical history. Then perform a physical exam and go over the procedure’s risks and benefits. The following are the pre-procedure instructions::
- The surgeon may request that you lose weight before surgery to reduce the risk.
- You must stop smoking before the surgery.
- Before the surgery, you will need to make some dietary changes.
- Your surgeon may recommend a low-calorie diet to help you lose weight.
- Applicants must avoid medications and drugs.
- You must complete all the reports before the procedure.
How Does Gastric Sleeve Surgery Work?
The treatment is effective in helping many people lose weight. The following is a step-by-step guide to help you understand the entire procedure;
- Your surgeon will advise you to fast before the operation.
- Because having an empty stomach allows for the surgery to take place.
- The expert will administer an anaesthetic before the treatment.
- The surgeon will make several small incisions in your abdomen.
- Then they will insert a laparoscope, a thin tube with a camera attached.
- The surgeon will remove a part of your stomach.
- The trocars help make small incisions in the abdomen to gain access inside.
- These trocars act as conduits for surgical instruments to pass through the abdomen.
- Surgeons use endoscopes to examine abdominal activity.
- And carry out the entire procedure while looking at the screen.
- Finally, the stomach will be fitted with a gastric sleeve by the surgeon.
- And then close the cavities’ opening.
The outcomes of the treatment depend on the aftercare. The following are the post-procedure instructions for the treatment:
- You will have to stay in the hospital for one to two nights after the surgery.
- Your surgeon will provide pain medications to help you relive the pain.
- You will need to adhere to a strict diet for several weeks following surgery.
- As you recover from surgery, you will need to increase your physical activity.
- You will need to see your surgeon for follow-up appointments to check your progress.
- Keep the treatment area clean and dry.
- Take all the medications on time.
The treatment is very effective for losing weight. Because it delivers the following benefits:
- The treatment is revolutionary, and patients can lose 100 pounds.
- It is an effective method for patients who are obese.
- They live longer lives, are healthier, and have a higher quality of life.
- It is enjoyable for patients to catch up with their children or grandchildren.
- The gastric sleeve helps maintain health.
- It cures diabetes.
- Reduces high blood pressure.
- You can do whatever you want with it.
- The internal digestive system handles the rest of the work.
- This allows the food particles to be further broken down and pass through the intestines.
Risks and Side Effects:
Gastric Sleeve Surgery is safe and effective. But, as with any major surgery, there are risks and complications. The following are the minor side effects of the treatment:
- Shock may result from bleeding from the surgical site in your body.
- The surgery increases the risk of a blood clot forming in your vein.
- When a clot breaks off and travels to your lungs, it can cause a pulmonary embolism.
- Surgery may aggravate an irregular heartbeat, particularly atrial fibrillation.
- Sutures in the stomach may leak stomach fluids.
- It can cause a stomach blockage.
The Cost of Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Dubai is affordable. It ranges from AED 32,000 to AED 55,000. The price of the treatment is not constant and depends on many factors. The following are the cost-influencing factors:
- The expertise of the doctor.
- The condition of the applicants.
- The location of the clinic.
- The severity of the issue.
Why Choose Us?
The decision to have surgery is challenging. If you want to learn more about the procedure. Fill out the form below to schedule a consultation with our helpful team. And also make an appointment at The Dynamic Aesthetic Clinic in Dubai. You are only one step away from living a completely fantastic life.