Gastric Sleeve Surgery in Dubai is one technique used to tackle obesity. The stomach is excised or reduced in size in this type of surgery to assist in weight reduction at a faster pace.
Gastric sleeve in Dubai is one of the various forms of bariatric surgery. The procedure is referred to as a sleeve gastrectomy by surgeons.
What is Gastric Sleeve Surgery?
Gastric sleeve surgery in Dubai aims to reduce your food intake, which in turn causes you to lose weight. Patients usually lose anywhere from 20 to 40 kg.
With tiny incisions in the upper belly, sleeve gastronomy in Dubai is performed as a laparoscopic procedure. The left side of the stomach is mainly eliminated. The remainder of the stomach is then encased in a small tube known as a sleeve. Food empties into the small intestine from the base of the stomach in the same manner it did before surgery. The intestinal tract is not modified or operated on. When you eat after the procedure, you will feel fuller with less food.
Who is a Suitable Candidate?
Severe obesity is treated by gastric sleeve surgery. It is recommended for individuals who have tried and failed to lose weight in the past. If you are significantly obese and have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of above 40, your doctor may recommend gastric sleeve surgery. Doctors may recommend the surgery for those who have a BMI of 35 to 40 and underlying health issues like sleep apnea, increased blood pressure, heart failure, or type 2 diabetes.
Gastric sleeve will be performed under general anesthetic. This will lead the patient to fall asleep throughout the procedure. The surgeon will use laparoscopy in the upper abdomen, after which they will make many minor cuts (incisions). Next, the surgeon will implant a laparoscope into these incisions and insert tiny operating instruments.
The surgeon will then insert a sizing tube into the stomach through the mouth. They will then split the stomach using a laparoscopic stapler, leaving a constricted vertical sleeve. The unwanted portion of the stomach is then removed from the abdomen via a surgical incision, after which the surgeon may use an upper endoscopy to check for any sleeve leakage.
Risks and Side Effects:
The process of gastric sleeve surgery is believed to be relatively safe. However, like with any major surgery, there are risks and problems to remember.
- Haemorrhage from the surgical site or inside your body might cause shock.
- The danger of a blood clot developing in your vein, commonly in a leg vein, is increased by surgery
- Pulmonary embolism can occur when a clot breaks off and travels to your lungs,
- An irregular heartbeat, particularly atrial fibrillation, might be aggravated by surgery.
- Short breaths resulting from your pain can lead to a lung infection such as pneumonia.
Additional risks associated with gastric sleeve surgery include:
- Stomach fluids might seep from the sutures
- A portion of your gastric sleeve may seal up, producing a stomach blockage.
- The area of your stomach that is removed is responsible for a portion of your body’s vitamin absorption. This might lead to vitamin deficits if you don’t take vitamin supplements.
- Stomach reshaping may also cause severe heartburn. Typically, Patients can use over-the-counter medications to treat this.
Results and Benefits of Gastric Sleeve Weight Loss:
The advantages of gastric surgery go beyond weight loss:
- For obese individuals with type 2 diabetes, the treatment is highly beneficial, with virtually all patients being rid of insulin and other diabetes-related drugs following surgery.
- A person’s risk of cardiovascular disease, stroke, and peripheral heart disease is minimized after weight loss surgery. After surgery, blood pressure and cholesterol levels might also be restored to normal.
- Due to their negative body image and societal shame, many overweight individuals become depressed. These patients’ emotional health may improve if they lose weight through this procedure.
- Excess weight causes strain on the joints, leading to persistent discomfort and joint degeneration. Bariatric surgery results in long-term weight loss, decreasing joint pain, and allowing individuals to experience greater mobility.
- Women may become more fertile during their reproductive years after gastric sleeve. It also reduces the possibility of miscarriage and optimizes menstrual cycles in females.
Therefore, gastric sleeve surgery is a convenient procedure that provides satisfactory results for those experiencing difficulty reducing weight.
From weight reduction to healthier lifestyles, sleeve gastronomy can help individuals achieve physical benefits and improve their mental state.
To find out more on sleeve gastronomy cost in Dubai, contact Dynamic Clinic health specialists and book an appointment.