Dentofacial Orthopedics is a branch of dentistry that focuses on correcting the shape and orientation of the facial bones and jaw. For many individuals, it is hard to identify the difference between orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics. Orthodontics is concerned with correcting teeth, whereas Dentofacial Orthopedics is concerned with the bones that support the teeth.
Learn more about what this discipline comprises and why it’s so essential for dental health. Read on to discover Everything You Need to know About Dentofacial Orthopedic in Dubai.
What is Orthodontics?
Orthodontics is a dentistry specialty that focuses on the care and prognosis of dentistry abnormalities and irregularities in the connection between the highest and lowest jaws. Basic sense, orthodontics is concerned with the way the jaws and teeth interact, except for when teeth are crooked, misaligned, or somehow uneven.
What Are Orthodontics’ Advantages?
The advantages of orthodontic treatment are difficult to quantify and vary from patient to patient. Among the most frequently mentioned were:
- Enhances self-confidence
- It improves your teeth health in general.
- The orthodontist collaborates with the dental professional to develop a long-term treatment plan.
- Patients among all age potentially benefit from this treatment.
- Technologies has progressed to the point where not every device is immediately obvious.
What is Dentofacial Orthopedic?
“Teeth” and “face” are represented by the term “dentofacial.” Dentofacial orthopedics applies to the alignment or adjustment of a children’s teeth and face where “ortho” means “straight” and “pedic” means “child” in Greek.
Dentofacial Orthopaedics is the process of retrieving balance to the face and jaw by normalizing a patient’s bone structure progression. This procedure is usually a two-phase operation that begins when the patient is around 7 or 8.
Dentofacial Orthopedic Candidate:
The Dentofacial Orthopaedics Treatment is particularly fit for children. In children, the face bones and jaw are still growing. As an outcome, guiding them into the desired shape will be much easier.
However, this does not rule out the possibility of adults benefiting from this treatment. The operation will be more difficult for them, and it may also entail a few minor surgeries because the jawbones are now established and difficult to shape into the correct shape. Adults, on the other hand, can benefit from dentofacial orthopedics for specific bite issues.
Targets Dentofacial Orthopedic:
This Dentofacial Orthopedic Treatment in Dubai targets the following:
- Lower Jaw that is Underdeveloped.
- Poor Bite or Crooked Teeth (Malocclusions)
- Horizontally overlapping teeth (Protrusion).
Dentofacial Orthopedics Appliance:
Every dental procedure involves tools and appliances through which the procedure is performed. Orthopedics Appliances are as follows:
- Activator Appliance.
- Andressen Appliance.
- Benefit Appliance.
- Bite Plate.
- Fixed Retainer.
- Removal//Fixed Appliance.
- Herbst Appliance.
- Trainer Appliance.
Cost of Dentofacial Orthopedics:
Dentofacial Orthopedics Cost in Dubai on average starts from AED 2,000 (Roughly). Individuals can discuss the actual cost and treatment expenditures during consultation.
Note: It is suggested that one should consult a dentist/orthopaedic surgeon for exact cost concerns.
The procedure of Dentofacial Orthopedics:
The dental process involves delicacy and precision. The steps involve:
- The complete procedure consists of two sessions of routine surgery.
- The first involves surgeons using specialized courses to change the jaw depending on the severity of the condition.
- The second phase entails the application of braces.
- Dentofacial Orthopedics is a straightforward surgery for younger children.
- Since young bones are continually developing, it’s much easier to handle them effectively.
- Though without braces, they can get enough of a single brief treatment.
- Furthermore, the operation is relatively tricky for grownups.
- Because of the rigid bones, perfect jaw alignment necessitates tremendous skill.
- They must wear braces for a length of time after surgery.
Post Procedural Care:
Dentofacial Orthopedics has a rather quick healing time. In the first week, patients should be able to resume their routine functions. But don’t forget to stick to your doctor’s recommendations. They frequently develop a chart of what they plan to do or not do in the coming days
- During the first few days after surgery, mainly beverages are consumed.
- Begin with a low-fat diet.
- Make an appointment for a dental examination on a regular basis.
- Maintain a healthy oral. Use the mouth rinses that have been recommended to you.
Dynamic Clinic Dubai and Dentofacial Orthopedics:
As a premier practitioner of edge Dentofacial Orthopedic treatments, we encourage our patients from seeking care sooner rather than later. The quality of effective action cannot be overstated. Kindly contact one of our expert orthodontists to determine which effective treatments for you or the children. Never too long to put a beautiful smile. Throughout this context, experts are always available to assist anyone.
If you require more information on Everything You Need to Know About Dentofacial Orthopaedics in Dubai, then get your free concultation with us and regain your beautiful smile.