Obesity refers to the gain in weight of the individual. People who have a BMI of 30 or more than 30 are considered obese and overweight. An intricate web of genetic, environmental, behavioral, and metabolic variables interact to cause obesity. A person’s genetic composition may make them more prone to weight gain. An excessive intake of calories and weight gain is caused by a high-calorie, low-nutrient diet that emphasizes processed foods and sugary drinks. The problem is made worse by sedentary lifestyles that are fueled by technology improvements and a decline in physical exercise. Through a number of interrelated processes, obesity can influence the development of depression. Poor body image and low self-esteem are frequently caused by stigmatization and negative societal attitudes toward obesity. Luckily, saxenda is an effective treatment to treat obesity. But Does Saxenda Cause Hair Loss is still a question.
What is Saxenda?
Saxenda is a drug that can help adults who struggle with obesity lose weight. Liraglutide, a glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) receptor agonist, is the active component of Saxenda. GLP-1 is a naturally occurring hormone in the body that aids in controlling hunger and blood sugar levels. Saxenda is a synthetic GLP-1 that works by altering a number of physiological processes to aid with weight management.
Subcutaneous injections place the drug directly below the skin, frequently in the fat of the upper arm, thigh, or abdominal region. The healthcare professional provides a specific pre-filled pen device that helps to administer these injections. The individual often administers the injections on their own, adhering to the doctor’s recommended dose regimen.
Saxenda injection is a non-invasive procedure that can help people to lose their weight. Individuals can take this medication once a day. It does not require any intramuscular or intravenous root. However, individuals can take this medication in their home once a doctor has set them a certain dose for their use. After making sure you are an eligible candidate for the procedure. The doctor first applies the dose of the injection for your teaching and gives the guidelines on the dose and its appliance.
The dose of injection starts at 0.6mg and rises to 3mg to improve glucose intolerance. The doctor washes the hands thoroughly before the procedure. He then assembles the saxenda pen, alcohol swab, cotton ball, or gauze, as well as a sharps disposal container. He then uses an alcohol swab to clean the desired region after choosing an acceptable injection site, such as the upper arm, belly, or thigh. The cleansed area is then let to dry.
After that, the Saxenda pen is ready by removing the cap and setting the dosage according to your needs. Afterward, he squeezes the skin inserts the needle at a 90-degree angle, and administers the drug by depressing the pen’s button. After injecting, remove the needle carefully and if necessary, apply light pressure to the injection site. The used should be disposed of to avoid the risk of infections. However, the individual should keep a record of the date, time, and injection site for further queries.
Does Saxenda Cause Hair Loss?
Hair loss does not occur if the individual is opting for the Saxenda for weight loss. However, the individual reactions to the medication may vary accordingly. But the expert can provide you with Hair Loss Treatment in Dubai.
Injections of Saxenda interact with GLP-1 receptors throughout the body, but especially in the brain and gastrointestinal system. This interaction aids in appetite management, slows the rate at which the stomach empties, enhances blood sugar regulation, and may lessen the enticement of high-calorie meals. The ultimate objective is to assist people in losing weight by making it simpler for them to eat fewer calories and develop healthier eating routines. Nevertheless, the individual should keep an eye on aftercare measures to get effective results.
- Put used needles and other medical waste in a sharps container for proper disposal.
- Keep Saxenda pens at room temperature as directed by the manufacturer.
- Do not subject Saxenda pens to very cold or hot conditions.
- To avoid pain and uncomfortable skin conditions, rotate the injection locations.
- For tracking reasons, keep a record of the dates, timings, and locations of injections.
- If you forget to take a dosage, do so as soon as you recall, but try not to take two doses in one day.
- Observe the suggested dose regimen and any modifications suggested by your doctor.
- Tell your doctor if you have any negative effects, changes in how quickly you are losing weight or other worries.
- To support your weight reduction objectives, maintain a healthy lifestyle that includes regular physical exercise and a balanced diet
- Visit a doctor right away if you encounter any unexpected or serious side effects.
- Keep Saxenda and other drugs out of the reach of kids.
Saxenda injections have become well-known for their assistance in weight loss programs. Saxenda, a synthetic version of the hormone glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1), has a number of advantages that add to its potency in promoting weight reduction.
- Appetite suppression, reducing hunger and cravings.
- Increases sense of fullness; postpones emptying of the stomach.
- in favor of substantial weight loss when accompanied by a healthy lifestyle.
- Enhances insulin sensitivity and better blood sugar regulation.
- Decreases the possibility of cardiovascular problems.
- Assisting in the adoption of healthy eating practices.
- Possible substitute for weight-loss surgery.
- Positive effects on mental health and self-esteem.
- A methodical strategy for weight control.
- individualized dose depending on each person’s needs.
Book A Consultation!
If you want to clear all your queries like Does Saxenda Cause Hair Loss? You can consult our doctors in our clinic in Dubai you can fill in the consultation form to book your appointment.