If we talk about skin problems in today’s date, they include wrinkles, double-toned skin, aging signs, acne problems, and scarring. People who have these skin issues face many mental problems and look forward to treatment options that are available with advanced techniques and procedures. To deal with these skin issues, of them is chemical skin peels in Dubai.
What Are Chemical Peels?
Chemical peels are agents that are useful for rejuvenating the skin. It works by removing the keratin layer of dead skin cells that sits on the skin’s epidermal surface and enhances the growth of new healthy epidermal cells by improving the texture and condition of the skin on the face, neck, or hands. It removes the dead skin cells and provides you with youthful and glowing skin that gives you an instant personality boost.
What Are The Varying Cost Factors?
- The Area, where the clinic is located.
- The Reputation of the physician (Novice or Experienced doctor).
- Results that you want to obtain.
- Surgical facility’s charges and Recovery expenses.
- The severity of the patient’s problem.
What Are Indications of Chemical Peels?
- Aging skin with large pores and rhytides.
- Inflammatory disorders include acne vulgaris, rosacea, and post-acne scarring.
- for the treatment of Cancerous lesions and tumors.
How Is The Procedure of Chemical Peels Carried Out?
This procedure is carried out by the professional who first cleans the skin thoroughly and then applies for eye protection, followed by a peeling agent that may give a burning sensation for 5 to 10 minutes along with a stinging sensation to most patients and after that chemical agent is removed from the skin after it’s timely completion. Medication is prescribed for post-treatment effects and sunblock is recommended.
What Are The Types of Chemical Peeling Agents Used Commonly?
- Glycolic acid
- Trichloroacetic acid
- Salicylic acid
- Lactic acid
- Carbolic acid
Low potency glycolic acid and salicylic acid are used or another mild acid is used in very light peels about 10 to 20% penetrates in the skin and only the outer layer of skin to gently exfoliate it. It is used for mild skin discoloration and rough skin. In light peel, 20 to 30% TCA, 40 to 70% glycolic acid, and Jessner solution are used.
A combination of chemicals is used such as 35% TCA with 70% glycolic acid or Jessner’s solution to penetrate the outer and middle layers of skin. This is used to correct wrinkles and fine lines, aging spots, moderate skin discoloration, and freckles, smooth rough skin, and treat precancerous lesions(actinic keratosis).
More than 50% of TCA or a combination of croton oil with agents like phenol is used to penetrate the skin’s middle layers and remove damaged cells. This treatment is done to remove moderate lines, shallow scars, and freckles. It can only be done once and on the face.
Factors Influencing the Depth of Chemical Peel Penetration:
- Type of chemical peel agent used.
- The amount of concentration.
- Value of acid PH.
- Time of application.
- The technique of application (pressure applied and type of applicator).
- Quantity taken.
- Preparation of skin.
- Characteristics of skin(thick sebaceous or thin dry).
What To Expect In The Results After The Chemical Peel Session?
Superficial peels need at least 5-7 days for healing as skin becomes red after peeling and may scale.
- The patient is advised to apply lotion followed by sunscreen till the skin heals completely.. It can be repeated in one to four-week intervals.
- The medium peel takes a one to two week period to heal, skin becomes red and swollen worsens up till 48 hours, blisters can also form and break, crust and turn brown, and skin peels off in 7-14 days.
- Mild lotion should be applied, the skin should be soaked daily until healing, and sun exposure is prohibited.
- Antiviral medication is prescribed for up to 14 days, treatment may be repeated after 6 to 12 months if needed.
- Deep peels require 2-3 weeks to recover, bandages are applied over the treated area, and skin must be damped 4-6 times daily followed by application of ointment for 14 days, and for the next 14 days, thick moisturizer should be applied. Antiviral medication is prescribed for 14 days and sun exposure is prohibited for 3 to 6 months. Patient appointed for further follow-up to monitor progress.
What Is The Cost Of Chemical Peels In Dubai?
Dubai is offering chemical skin peels cost in Dubai ranging from AED 299 to AED 999 per session depending upon person to person and how many sessions they require.
Chemical peels are an effective way of treating such depressing skin issues i.e acne, scarring, wrinkles, freckles, and many more, that too in affordable costs in Dubai to boost one’s self-esteem and confidence, to cater the need of patients, and provide an interprofessional team who work tirelessly to bring out the best outcomes for problems. This procedure is non-invasive, easy to go, cost-effective, treats acne, scarring, and wrinkles, and provides you with flawless, glowing, spotless, and youthful skin