Children need as much care in terms of oral health as adults. Parents need to choose the best option available for their kids to ensure they always get optimistic and tender experiences. At our clinic, we aim to develop trust and provide our patients with the gentlest experience possible.
Who Is A Pediatric Dentist?
A Pediatric Dentist is a doctor who deals with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of oral cavity diseases. Doctors who treat children’s teeth should understand dentistry and find a way to reach the child. Doctors are required to keep abreast of the latest techniques.
What Does A Pediatric Dentist Do?
- Conducts regularly scheduled preventive examinations; the first visit should take place in the first month of infant, subsequent appointments should be carried out at regular intervals at least once every six months. In some cases, the children’s dentist recommends observation once every 3-4 months.
- Prevents oral cavity diseases, teaches proper oral hygiene
- Diagnostics of diseases of the oral cavity
- Carries out the treatment of teeth for periodontal disease in children
- Performs aesthetic restoration of teeth after trauma
What Is The Difference Between A Pediatric Dentist And A General Dentist?
So, what do pediatric dentists do in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah you ask? Both dentists have the same qualifications. The only difference between these two doctors is in the patients they treat.
A pediatric dentist specializes in oral health care of toddlers, children and adolescents. On the other hand, a family dentist takes care of children’s and adults’ teeth.
How To Find A Good Pediatric Dentist?
Professionals should do the dental treatment. To become a dentist, you need to study at a medical institute for five years. After that, you need to stay for two years in residency. A future professional doctor must undergo an internship. Dentists are required to understand
- Dentoalveolar system
- Human physiology
- Understand issues of oral health in children
- Be able to deal with children in a gentle manner
What Types Of Diagnostics Are Performed By A Dentist?
- Collecting patient history, analyzing patient data that will help make a diagnosis, as well as familiarization with the history of the disease
- Visual inspection
- Oral examination
Additionally, a dentist can give the following:
- Radiation diagnostics with X-ray, panoramic or tomogram of the jaws
- Examination by related specialists like dentist-surgeon, orthodontist etc
What Might The Pediatric Dentist Suggest?
The main task of a pediatric dentist is the prevention of dental diseases, timely early diagnosis, and treatment of dental problems.
Parents need to pay attention to:
- Nutrition and lifestyle during pregnancy, when the buds of teeth are laid in the unborn child, from about 6-7 weeks of pregnancy
- Ensure that the baby’s diet is adequate and contains the right amount of calcium, protein and vitamins for the proper growth of bones and teeth.
- Prevention of anaemia, rickets and rheumatism and other diseases that affect the quality and health of teeth
- Maintain oral hygiene of the baby by the use of dental wipes, and soft brushes
- As the chewing teeth start growing, brushing twice a day with baby toothpaste, rinsing the mouth after eating, teaching the child to use dental floss are recommended steps.
- Take regular visits to the dentist.
Why Choose Our Pediatric Dentists?
As discussed already, what do pediatric dentists do in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah You essentially have all the information you need to choose a good pediatric dentist for your child. You will find the best pediatric dentists at our clinic who are:
- Experienced professionals knowing how to deal with any child
- Using modern equipment that simplifies treatment
- Using accurate diagnostic equipment
- Using pain-free treatment in a relaxed atmosphere
- Friendly and approachable