Most people face hair loss because they are unaware of the structure of the hair which mostly leads them to incorrect treatment. Understanding how hair loss happens requires knowledge of the structure of the hair. The cuticle, cortex, and medulla are the three primary layers that make up the intricate structure of hair. The outermost covering of the hair is called the cuticle which shields the inner layers. The cortex gives the hair strength, flexibility, and color, and is located underneath the cuticle. The protein keratin gives the hair its structure and properties and is present in this intermediate layer. The medulla, the last layer, has a soft and flexible core.
All these structures play an important role in maintaining hair strength and flexibility. Hair loss treatments actually treat the damage to the structure of the hair. But people face a dilemma in choosing Mesotherapy vs PRP for Hair in Dubai.
What is PRP?
PRP in Dubai (Platelet-Rich Plasma) for hair loss makes use of the healing abilities of a patient’s own blood to encourage hair growth and stop hair thinning. A little sample of the patient’s blood is drawn out for the procedure, which entails centrifuging it to concentrate the platelets. To add platelets are a source of growth factors and other bioactive proteins.
The generated PRP injects directly into the scalp in regions of hair loss or thinning hair once the platelets have been concentrated. PRP’s growth factors help to increase hair follicle development, which might result in thicker, denser hair.
What is Mesotherapy?
Mesotherapy is a non-invasive medical treatment for hair loss that includes injecting a special mixture of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other nutrients into the scalp. The procedure attempts to hydrate and revitalize hair follicles, enhance scalp blood flow, and promote hair growth.
For people with mild to severe hair loss, including androgenetic alopecia (male or female pattern baldness) and other kinds of hair thinning, Mesotherapy for hair loss is frequently used as a treatment. Both men and women who are searching for non-surgical hair restoration procedures may find it to be an appropriate choice.
Which is Better?
Mesotherapy vs. PRP for hair loss can be more or less successful, depending on the patient, the extent of the hair loss, and the treatment’s particular objectives. Both PRP and mesotherapy are non-surgical treatments that intend to encourage hair growth and stop hair loss, but they function differently.
A customized mixture of vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and other nutrients is injected into the scalp during mesotherapy. The vitamins and minerals nourish the hair follicles and enhance blood flow, which promotes hair growth.
PRP, in contrast, concentrates the platelets that carry growth factors from the patient’s own blood through a processing step. The doctor then injects the scalp with the concentrated PRP to encourage hair regeneration.
The procedure of PRP and mesotherapy is almost the same. Both are non-invasive, safe, and effective approaches to treating hair loss. The doctors perform this procedure in their office and use an injection to deliver the particular solution to the scalp. These procedures may require several sessions according to the condition of the hair loss.
- During the consultation, the doctor will examine your scalp and hair, go over your medical background, and decide whether or not you are a good candidate for PRP therapy or mesotherapy.
- Most people who feel fear of injections may require anesthesia before the procedure. However, the patient can well tolerate both these procedures.
- If you are opting for PRP for Hair in Dubai treatment, he will use your arm to draw a little quantity of blood, often between 10 and 20 milliliters. Moreover, he uses a syringe to collect the blood, and then transfer it to a unique tube.
- He then injects the blood of the patient after centrifugation. Moreover, he utilizes the fine needle to inject the PRP into the superficial layers of the scalp, which contain hair follicles.
- However, when you opt for mesotherapy, the doctor first makes a solution that contains vitamins, minerals, amino acids, and many other nutrients. He makes the solution according to the condition of the patient’s scalp condition.
- He injects the solution using a fine needle in the most affected area of the scalp
Since these treatments are non-invasive and serve the same purpose. So the aftercare measures are the same for both procedures.
- To encourage healing, keep your hands off the injected regions.
- After 24 hours following the operation, gently launder the scalp with moderate shampoo.
- Maintaining a balanced diet and drinking enough water will aid in hair development.
- After PRP, avoid using hot styling equipment and spending too much time in the sun.
- For the first 24 hours following surgery, refrain from strenuous activity.
- Observe any extra post-treatment guidelines that the physician or expert may have supplied.
- Attend any advised follow-up appointments to track progress and make arrangements for any required maintenance sessions.
PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) and mesotherapy are both popular solutions for those looking for non-surgical Hair Transplants since they both have unique advantages for treating hair loss. Both procedures encourage hair development, strengthen hair follicles, and enhance blood flow, which over time results in thicker, denser hair. Because PRP and mesotherapy are non-surgical procedures with little to no recovery time, patients may return to their normal activities right away.
Book A Consultation!
Our clinic in Dubai offers these procedures under the supervision of well-qualified doctors. They will guide you correctly about Mesotherapy vs PRP for Hair in Dubai. So if you want healthier and stronger hair so consult our doctor by completing the consultation form.