What is Laser Liposuction?
If you want to shape your body, laser liposuction might be an option for you. It is done to eliminate stubborn pockets of fat from the body. Laser liposuction is minimally invasive in nature therefore it does not cause any serious harm to the patient. Like conventional liposuction, Laser Liposuction is also done for aesthetic purposes. It works by penetrating deeply into the skin to destruct the fatty material and to stimulate collagen production which in turn tightens the loose skin. Laser lipo is most commonly done on buttocks, knees, thighs abdomen, hips and chest. A practitioner who is performing a laser liposuction procedure should be experienced and skilled.
How the Procedure is done?
Laser liposuction sessions take about 45 minutes to an hour per area. The length of the session depends upon the number of areas being treated.
Following are the steps that are performed during a laser liposuction procedure,
- The areas that need treatment are marked first
- Local anesthesia is applied to the marked area to avoid the pain and discomfort
- A small incision is created and the laser is passed through it
- Laser breaks and liquefies extra deposits of fats
- You will feel some heat and pressure on the area but there not any pain
- Liquefied fat deposits are then drained off through the lymphatic system
Pros of Laser Liposuction:
Laser lipo has become increasingly popular among men and women in UAE. People consider this treatment because it provides tremendous benefits to them. There are many pros of laser liposuction, some of them are listed below,
An effective and safe method of fat removal.
- Before laser lipo, traditional liposuction procedures were being done on the patients but they were very complex and time-consuming. With this advanced laser technology, these procedures have become much quicker and simpler
- It is FDA approved and does not cause any harm the body
- Minimal or inconsequential risks are associated with it
- The cannula used in laser lipo is smaller than the one used in conventional liposuction methods therefore, created incisions are also small
- Recovery period is short. A patient will fully recover in 6 to 7 days
- Along with fat removal, it improves the elasticity of the skin
- Traditional liposuction results in excessive scarring whereas laser lipo only forms invisible scars, the scars that cannot be seen through the naked eye
- It stimulates collagen production in such a way the skin will be restored to its original form once the treatment is done
- No serious complications arise during and after the treatment because only a minimal amount of heat is used for breaking fat cells
- Instead of general anesthesia, we use local anesthesia in laser lipo procedure. It is a good thing because general anesthesia carries risks of its own as w+1ell
- Traditional liposuction procedures are performed under general anesthesia and mostly require one night stay at the hospital. After traditional liposuction surgery, the doctor might ask you to restrict your routine activities for two to three weeks after the procedure. On the other hand, patients are allowed to resume their normal activities within a couple of hours of laser liposuction procedure.
- Because of anesthesia, you are not going to experience any pain and discomfort during the procedure
- Sutures are not needed in most of the cases
- Results appear sooner as compared to traditional liposuction
- Short downtime and the patient does not need any outside help
Cons of Laser Liposuction:
- Laser Liposuction in Dubai treatments are generally less expensive as compared to traditional liposuction surgeries, but still, they are somewhat high-priced
- The treatment has some side-effects, however, they are minimal but still one may need to be aware. Some common side-effects are numbness, discoloration, contour irregularities and intestinal injuries (rare)
- There are chances of incisions getting infected
- Improper use of the laser will result in the formation of permanent scars
- Because it is expensive, it cannot be afforded by many normal people
- During the time of laser lipo procedure, the doctor injects an antibody injection under the skin for eradiating the chances of infection. Keeps this mind that these injections can cause complications in some women.
Book a Free Consultation:
To decide whether you should undergo Pros & Cons of Laser Liposuction Dubai & Abu Dhabi or not, compare its advantages and disadvantages and also make sure that you fulfill the candidacy criteria.