Burn injuries are horrific experiences and lower confidence. It leaves a person with physical, emotional, and psychic scars. Survivors of burn injuries experience deformity. Which impact on their self-esteem, and quality of life. Other therapies like laser therapy and skin grafting. These may not always be helpful in treating burn scars. Reconstructive surgery is an option for those who want to heal their burn scars. And also improve their appearance. Because people suffer from burned skin as a result of an accident. Yet, it is serious, and the healing process of burned skin can take up to two years. They believed there was no surgery that might help them conceal their burn scars. Here we will explain: How Can Reconstructive Surgery Fix The Burn Scars in Dubai?
What are Burn Scars?
The scars form when the skin is harmed by heat, chemicals, radiation, or electricity. The extent of the scar depends on the severity of the burn injury. Deep burns penetrate deeper layers of skin. And may need skin grafting to heal effectively. Scars from burns can be elevated, depressed, or discoloured. And they might limit movement if they occur over joints.
What is Reconstruction Surgery?
The surgery for burn scars is a difficult operation. That involves mending damaged tissue and restoring the affected area’s look and function. These procedures are effective for people who have sustained serious burn damage. And have had standard treatments fail.
Before undergoing the procedure, applicants must prepare. The surgeon will instruct you on how to get ready for the treatment. The following are the pre-procedure instructions:
- Before the procedure, you must abstain from aspirin and blood thinners.
- The candidates must stop smoking before the treatment.
- You must abstain from alcoholic and caffeinated beverages.
- Applicants must take the prescribed medications.
- Candidates must collect the relevant reports.
Types of Burn Scar Repair Surgery:
There are many methods of burn scar restoration surgery that are available today. But the following are the most important:
It is the process of transferring skin from one region to another. This procedure helps to replace lost skin with healthy skin. Skin grafts can get from either the patient’s own body or from a donor. This treatment helps to remove the scar for a lifetime.
Expansion of Tissue:
Tissue expansion is a surgical treatment. That involves inserting a balloon-like device under the patient’s skin. And also filling it with a saline solution with time. This allows the skin to stretch. It boosts the formation of new, healthy tissue that can be used for reconstruction.
The Flap Surgery:
In this procedure, the skin, fat, and sometimes muscle is transferred. It will transfer from one section to another during flap surgery. When vast sections of skin need to be replaced. Then skin grafts are ineffective treatment. Because this procedure is effective for a small part.
It involves the use of a high-intensity laser to remove scar tissue. And also boost the creation of new, healthy tissue. This type of burn scar restoration surgery is less intrusive than others. And it also works on scar improvement.
It is an invasive method for repositioning a scar to make it less apparent. This surgery entails creating small incisions on either side of the scar. And then rearranging the skin in a Z pattern.
Post Procedure Instructions:
These treatments are sensitive and demand strict concentrations. Because the outcomes of the procedures depend on the aftercare. The following are the aftercare instructions:
- You must avoid taking aspirin and blood thinners after the treatment.
- Candidates must refrain from smoking after the procedure.
- Following the procedure, you will need to undergo lab tests.
- Applicants must avoid alcoholic and caffeinated beverages.
- You must take the prescribed medications for healing.
These procedures are very effective at removing the scars from the burn area. But The following are some of the various advantages:
- It is a risk-free technique with no side effects or skin allergies.
- You will have fresh skin after the treatment.
- It produces long-lasting and natural results.
- Your burned skin will return to normal.
- Your self-esteem and confidence will also improve.
- It will enhance your attractiveness and approachability.
- Your burn scars will vanish forever.
The Cost of Reconstructive Surgery for Burn Scars in Dubai is affordable. It can range from AED 2,000 to AED 45,000. But these expenses are not fixed, because they depend on many factors. The following are the cost-influencing elements:
- The expertise of the dermatologist.
- The condition of the applicants.
- The location of the clinic.
- The severity and target area of the applicants.
Why Choose Us?
If you want to conceal your burn scars at a low cost. While also avoiding side effects or skin allergies. You can consult the Dynamic Aesthetic Clinic in Dubai about burn reconstructive surgery. The expert will guide you through everything. Fill out the form below and book a consultation.