Take your skin game to a next level! Glutathione is a substance derived from three amino acids: glycine, cysteine, and glutamic acid. The human liver can generate it or, it may be derived from some foods. It behaves as an important oxidant in the human body and helps fight off free radicals. Free radicals are atoms that react readily with other molecules and cause many chronic health conditions.
The substance obtained great popularity as an ingredient in whitening treatments. It could be taken orally, intravenously, topically, or in liquid form to improve the skin tone. But is it hazardous? Are there any side effects? What does it do to your skin? What are the dos and don’ts when taking glutathione injections in Dubai? This article covers everything from the candidacy criteria to side effects management. So, read on!
Who is a Good Candidate for Glutathione Injections?
- Glutathione shots are highly recommended for people who want brighter, and whiter skin
- They may also be used to address plaque deposits and liver diseases
Tip: If you have an infection or allergy, you’ll need to discuss this with your dermatologist, as you could be at an increased risk of unfavorable outcomes
Risks and Side-Effects:
The majority of people have glutathione injections without any side effects. But they may feel a little discomfort at the time of treatment.
Some patients reported bleeding at the injection site within the first 24 hours. However, many of them revealed that it was not as bad as they feared
Glutathione injections can sometimes cause abdominal cramps. This may be more likely if you have a history of ulcers and kidney stones. If you’re worried please consult with your physician.
Do’s and Don’ts for Glutathione Injections:
At Dynamic clinic, we provide our glutathione patients detailed instructions on home care before they leave the clinic.
Here are a Few Things you Should Do:
- DO bring a friend or family to your first appointment. They will drive you home as you won’t be able to drive well under the influence of anesthesia
- If you are on any antipsychotic drug, do stop taking it
- Do talk to your dermatologist about which pain reliever is safe to use
- Do apply ice to the treated site to reduce post-injection swelling, and bruising
- Do keep your skin hydrated both before and after the treatment
- Do remember that not all results are instant
- Do know how glutathione injections work and how many injections do you need
- Do drink 7-8 glasses of water every day
These are a few don’ts we like to emphasize:
- Don’t smoke a week before the treatment and a week after it
- Don’t receive any other skin treatment until the glutathione course is completed
- Don’t make your decision based on budget alone
- Don’t take aspirin or any other anti-inflammatory drug a month before the treatment
- Don’t drink alcoholic drinks for at least a month after the treatment
- Don’t expose your skin to direct sunlight
- Don’t engage yourself in any strenuous exercises, especially in the first few days after your treatment
Glutathione injections are very effective and can have a very encouraging influence on your life. We hope that our “dos and don’ts when taking glutathione injection in Dubai, & Sharjah” help you get the most out of your treatment. But still, if you have other doubts regarding these injections, please feel free to contact dynamic clinic doctors.