Why Are Wisdom Teeth Removed?
Problems with teething wisdom teeth include:
- Insufficient jaw space
- Lack of predecessors or the milk teeth
- Time of appearance of the third molars at 18 – 25 years old, when the bone tissue is already fully formed and compacted.
- Tooth decay or gum disease
- The remote location of wisdom teeth complicates their hygiene, as a result contributing to relatively rapid destruction of enamel.
Rehabilitation After Removal Of Wisdom Teeth:
Since extraction is accompanied by trauma, it is impossible to avoid some complications. They are considered normal and go away on their own. These include:
- The gum hurts after the removal of a wisdom tooth
- Swelling of the mucous membrane
- Slight blue discolouration of the gums
- Slight increase in temperature
Sometimes serious consequences develop:
- Damage to a blood clot on the open wound is vital to prevent food and pathogenic microorganisms from entering the wound
- Alveolitis or dry hole is an infection of the cavity which occurs when the clot at the site of the wound dissolves before the wound has completely healed.
- Prolonged primary or secondary bleeding appears with extensive tissue damage. Diabetes, poor blood clotting and taking blood-thinning drugs contribute to its development.
Tips For Rapid Healing After Wisdom Teeth Removal:
First of all, follow the recommendations of your attending physician about wisdom tooth removal! This will determine How long does it take to recover from wisdom tooth removal in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah.
The cotton ball that the doctor leaves in the mouth should be taken out after twenty minutes, as this may hinder the routine healing.
It is usually recommended not to eat or rinse your mouth for 2 hours. On the first day after the procedure, try chewing food on the other side of the jaw so that food does not get into the open wound.
On the day after the operation, you do not need to brush your teeth. This may increase the risk of you can washing out the protective blood clot from the hole. It is allowed to make passive oral baths with disinfecting solutions after meals. For 3-4 days, you can change chlorhexidine to anti-inflammatory herbal decoctions.
If there were a toothache or inflammation of the gums before removal, the doctor would most likely prescribe an antibacterial and anti-inflammatory therapy course.
On the first day after the intervention, you cannot brush the teeth next to the hole to avoid accidentally damaging the fragile clot. However, it is imperative to clean the teeth from plaque, including those adjacent to the removed one, on the following days. Microbial plaque from dirty teeth quickly passes to the gum and enters the hole, causing inflammation and slowing down healing.
What Not To Do After Wisdom Tooth Extraction?
It is strictly forbidden to heat the wound, cheek or skin over the extraction of the tooth. It is helpful to keep ice on the first day after the operation. You can freeze a bottle of water in the freezer at home, wrap it in a napkin and apply it to the outside of the removal site every two hours for twenty minutes.
You should also exclude hot drinks, a visit to the gym and sauna since this can provoke secondary bleeding.
You cannot climb into the hole with your tongue, a toothpick or other objects, as this destroys the blood clot that protects the hole. Even if it seems to you that “there is something there,” it is always best to see a doctor. An x-ray can be taken if necessary.
Removing a wisdom tooth is an ordinary procedure that is performed very often. In terms of procedure, this does not differ from the removal of any other tooth, and the difficulty lies only in the uncomfortable position of the wisdom tooth and in the fact that it can be covered by the gum or bone tissue or in contact with the root of a neighbouring tooth. A lot of people ask how long does it take to recover from wisdom tooth removal in Dubai, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah If proper care is taken and the doctor’s recommendations are followed, the healing time will not be too long.