Inverted nipple is a condition in which the nipple ducts are shorter than usual, causing the nipples to flatten or pull inwards in the breasts. It primarily affects women, though some men are affected as well.
Inverted Nipple correction:
While congenital defects usually cause inverted nipples, researchers believe scarring from previous breast surgeries, ducts infection, or breastfeeding is also a contributing cause. Regardless, there is a fantastic procedure known as inverted nipple repair surgery to correct the problem. It enhances the projection of one or both nipples and aids in the preservation of their sensitivity.
This article discusses nipple correction in detail, including how long does it take to recover from inverted nipple repair surgery in Dubai and what risks to expect. Keep reading.
- Anesthesia: local/general
- Procedure time: 1-2 hours
- Recovery: 1-2 weeks
Inverted nipple repair is a highly personal procedure. So, you should never do it for someone else. You may be a good candidate if:
- If you have fully developed boobs and are a non-smoker and non-drinker
- Your inverted nipples not only make you unattractive, but they also cause functional issues such as pain, bruising rashes, and inflammation, as well as interfere with your ability to feed.
- You want to improve your intimate life and boost your confidence
Your nipple correction surgery at Dynamic Clinic:
The first step in the nipple correction surgery in Dubai journey is a consultation. During this phase, you will have an in-depth discussion with your surgeon about the surgery to determine whether or not you are a good candidate. The surgeon will also take a detailed medical history and investigate your smoking and drinking habits, as these can impact your results.
Our cosmetic surgeons at Dynamic Clinic use two techniques for repairing inverted nipples: duct division and parachute flap. Regardless of the method, you will undoubtedly have newly everted nipples by the end of the procedure.
- To begin, you will be given local anesthesia to relieve your pain.
- The skin from your breast is then used to correct your inverted nipples.
- Finally, the newly formed nipple is carefully tattooed to create an areola.
The results are expected in two to three weeks, with the sensation fully returning in four weeks. For a few days, mild discomfort, swelling, and scarring are also common. If you want these side effects to go away as soon as possible, follow the doctor’s instructions closely.
The recovery time varies depending on the technique used and the patient’s body’s ability to heal. In general, the patient recovers from inverted nipple repair surgery in Dubai in two to three weeks.
Although healing is usually fairly quick in most cases, it may take some time in your case; there may be some pain and discomfort in your chest, which will probably go away after four to five weeks. You’ll also have to use waterproof dressings to allow the wounds to clean and dry.
Some valuable tips for a smooth and quick recovery from nipple correction include:
- Avoid strenuous activities for a couple of weeks
- If you are a smoker, quit smoking
- Refrain from alcoholic beverages for some time
It is important to note that, like other surgical procedures, inverted nipple repair in Dubai has risks that you should be aware of ahead of time. Potential risks associated with inverted nipple correction are:
- Anesthesia reactions
- Botched results
- Loss of sensation in the breasts or nipples
Contact us today!
If you have more questions regarding “how long does it take to recover from inverted nipple repair surgery in Dubai?” or if you would like to book an appointment with Dr. Abdul Majeed Makkiya, please contact our office.