Having a gummy smile can be attractive to some people but there is a majority of individuals who prefer to have it removed. Several people have their gums sticking out and have no idea how to treat it. So what can be done about this dental problem?
Can you treat a gummy smile with botox? Or do you need to get dental surgery for it? Read ahead to know about gummy smile treatment in Dubai
What’s a Gummy Smile?
This smile is one that makes the upper gums very prominent. Usually, the upper lip rests a little higher when the person smiles, exposing their gums. Most smiles only expose the little pink triangles between the teeth and about 2 mms of your upper gums. But a gummy smile will expose more than 3 mms of your gums. Individuals who have this condition tend to believe that their teeth look smaller. This makes them highly self-conscious and can damage their confidence.
What are the Causes of a Gummy Smile?
This smile is caused due to numerous reasons and some of them are listed below
- Gingival hypertrophy; a condition where you develop bigger gums. This condition is mostly caused due to medication and sometimes requires surgery.
- Vertical Maxillary excess; upper jaw growth that exposes the gum tissue. This condition is usually because of a person’s genes.
- Hyperactive or short upper lip; this makes the gums look bigger when smiling.
- Larger teeth; if you have bigger teeth, you will probably have an exposed upper gumline.
How to Get Rid of a Gummy Smile with Botox?
Fixing your gummy smile using botox injections is the latest dental treatment available at Dynamic Clinic. This is a non-invasive procedure where botox is directly injected into the gums. The botox relaxes the upper lip muscle, limiting the lips’ motion when smiling. This leads to a partially exposed gumline.
A person will need about 3 botox injections in their gumline to limit the lips muscle movement and reduce exposure of gums. This is a safe and effective alternative to surgery and the results last around 4 months. Repeated treatment will elongate the result time, with maintenance required once or twice a year.
What are the Procedure Steps?
- The doctor will rub general anesthesia on the gums and inside your mouth.
- Next, he will gently inject a botox injection into the gum line.
- Depending on your needs, he will inject two vials gradually.
- The anesthesia will be washed out and you can go home.
Getting treatment for Gummy Smile with Botox in Dubai is a pain-free procedure and one session only lasts around 30 minutes.
How Many Botox Injections are needed to Fix Gummy Smile?
It usually takes around 2 or 3 botox shots to get your gummy smile fixed. But this number depends on how exposed or prominent the gums are. There are several cases where the person might require more than 3 sessions to limit their gum exposure. With each session, the botox freezes the lip muscles and allows the patient to have a more natural-looking smile.
Is Botox Beneficial for Treating Gummy Smiles?
You can avail the following benefits if you choose to treat your gummy smile with botox in Dubai:
- These injections do not cause any pain and discomfort.
- Results are almost instant and give a natural look.
- There is no recovery period.
- The procedure is quick and only lasts around an hour.
- It s a budget-friendly option as compared to surgery.
What is the Cost of Botox for Gummy Smiles?
The cost of getting botox for your Gummy Smile in dubai will be around 350 AED. This price depends on the number of sessions you get. Getting botox for your gums is a much more affordable option because surgeries will cost you a large amount. Your total bill will also depend on who is your doctor. If your appointment is with one of the more experienced doctors, you will have to pay accordingly.
Most insurance policies do not cover exposed gums because it is not a dental emergency. However, there are some cases where it can get challenging for the person to smile, causing pain and bleeding. In such scenarios. You can try to get your insurance to cover half or all of the procedure cost.
Lastly, you should keep in mind that any treatment involving botox is not covered by insurance unless a valid case is given.
Get Booked Today!
Dynamic Clinic in Dubai offers exceptional dental services including botox injections for treating gummy smiles. These smiles can lower the confidence of numerous women and they feel very self-aware when smiling. If you want to get a complimentary consultation session, please fill out the form given below!