Skin tags can be troublesome sometimes as they can cause irritation and may also lower your confidence. Even though they are not harmful you can still get them with the help of different aesthetic treatments. Cryotherapy is gaining profound popularity among individuals for its effective results and a broader approach towards different concerns. It is a bizarre treatment modality especially for the excision of skin tags. Moreover it offers long-lasting results. Many people are availing the benefits of cryotherapy and getting Skin Tag Removal in Dubai. If you are interested to get cryotherapy done, you should discuss it with your physician and make sure it’s suitable for you.
Understanding Skin Tags and its Causing Factors:
Skin Tags can be easily defined as raised bumps on the skin. These bumps normally are blood filled and with overproduction of collagen fibers, etc. Skin tags are quite common among people. They appear soft and benign in nature. Skin tags do not cause any harm to a person’s body or overall health. But having skin tags can be irritating for some people which is why they want to get rid of it.
- Genetic factor: Some people have a genetic tendency to have skin tags. If you have people in your family who have skin tags then it’s also possible for you to have them in later life.
- Friction: Skin tags can be caused by regular friction or rubbing of the skin folds against each other or the clothes you wear. That’s why the most common areas of skin tags are the neck, underarms, groin, or eyelids.
- Hormone Alteration: Hormonal changes can also cause skin tags. Pregnant women or diabetic patients are more prone to developing skin tags.
- Overweight: Overweight people can also have skin tags because of the excess skin fold rubbing against each other.
- Aging: Skin tags are most commonly seen in older adults. Changes in the body functions and environment as a person grows old, can cause skin tags as well.
What is Cryotherapy?
Cryotherapy is a medical treatment procedure that includes the use of immensely cold temperatures. This treatment offers various health benefits to people. It can be applied to the whole body or only to selected areas as per the requirement. This technique is commonly used for treating or removing skin tags from the body. Extreme cold is directed towards the skin tag area which causes the skin tag to freeze and eventually destroy it.
How Does It Work?
The clinician will gently cleanse the targeted area of your skin before the procedure.
The cryogenic substance (usually liquid nitrogen) is applied to your skin through a cryotherapy device. The extremely cold substance freezes the water inside the cells of the skin tag.
When the skin tag is frozen, it creates ice crystals and causes damage to the cell. This step takes a few minutes.
Once the freezing step is completed, the clinician will start the process of thawing i.e. melting the crystals.The process of freezing and thawing destroys the structure of the cell. After a while, the destroyed tissue is disposed of on its own, and the skin tags fall from the skin.
Mild scald could appear on the treated area but it will eventually go away as the skin heals completely.
Advantages of Cryotherapy:
- Cryotherapy relieves pain and muscle soreness.
- It reduces inflammation.
- Athletes also use this technique for muscle recovery.
- It also boosts the body’s metabolism.
- It is also used to enhance the skin texture, reduce puffiness from the face, etc.
- It treats many skin issues like skin tags, lesions, lumps, etc.
- Cryotherapy is a quick procedure and offers effective results.
Things You Should Consider Before Treatment:
A few things that you must consider before receiving cryotherapy are,
- Consult your primary care provider and have a detailed examination to determine the appropriateness of this procedure.
- Identify the exact reason you are getting cryotherapy and set realistic goals.
- Different health conditions can be a barrier for this treatment so make sure you’re aware of your current health condition.
- Ask your physician about the potential adverse effects of cryotherapy.
- Must ensure that you receive your treatment from a qualified and expert professional.
- Follow the aftercare guidelines to have long-lasting results.
- Always clean your treated area gently to remove any residue.
- Try to avoid skin products that contain harsh chemicals for a while.
- Keep your moisturized throughout the day.
- Do not scratch or rub the treated area.
- Look out for any signs of infection and immediately inform your physician if you notice any unusual changes.
- Avoid going out in the sun and always apply sunscreen.
- Go to your follow-up appointments regularly and have your condition monitored.
Why Choose Us?
Dynamic Clinic offers various cosmetic procedures including cryotherapy for Skin Tag Removal in Dubai. Consulting an expert physician or dermatologist is the key point when you are opting for a cosmetic procedure. Dynamic Clinic is very popular for its effective services. You can visit our official website and get to know more about cryotherapy or any other medical treatment.
If you want to get rid of your skin tags or have any other skin concerns, you can book a consultation with our experts at Dynamic Clinic and gather all the information you want. Get a free consultation right now by visiting our website.