Aging is a natural phenomenon that increases with time. Since aging causes the degeneration of everything in the body. Similarly, it also causes a decline in the proteins and water content in the body. Our skin also composes of such proteins which make it hold its position. Collagen and elastin help to maintain the integrity of the skin. But when these proteins start to disintegrate it causes the skin to slacken and lose. Simultaneously, age-related symptoms also appear on the face including wrinkles and fine lines. Sometimes these age relating factors also occur in the young generation due to decreased intake of water and protein in their diet. This causes them to get prone to these symptoms before getting older. Considering all these factors, dermatologists have put forward certain treatments. As there is debate on Botox vs Xeomin | Which Treatment is Better For Flawless Skin?
What is Botox?
Botox is the administration of injections that contains botulinum toxin. It is a completely safe and effective procedure that does not have side effects. Botox works on the principle of relaxing the muscles of the face thus reducing wrinkles and fine lines. Botox is extracted from the bacteria which is Clostridium Bacterium.
Aging effects appear when muscles of the face become weakened and simultaneously, there is a decrease in the amount of collagen and elastin. This cause the muscles to get loosened and eventually increase the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Botox helps to block the nerve signals of the muscle that eventually reduce its slackness of it.
What is Xeomin?
Xeomin is another considerable treatment for improving the visibility of mild to moderate wrinkles. It has the same effect as Botox and works on the same principle. However, when Xeomin enters the skin it blocks the nerve signals that supply to the muscles reducing the movement of the muscle and relaxing them, resultantly helping them to lift. This is how it helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines and provide flawless skin.
Difference between Botox and Xeomin:
There is not a major difference between them. Both are effective neuromodulators that block the nerve signal of the muscle where wrinkles are present. They help to relax the muscle and ultimately soften the wrinkles and fine lines. Moreover, if we look at the research both treatments provide effective results that last for 3-4 months.
In spite of all this, Xeomin is considered to produce more natural results. Because it consists of a more purified type of botulinum toxin that does not constitute any extra additives. However, both products are safe to use and do not cause any side effects.
Our skin contains a subcutaneous layer that provides insulation and holds the skin in place. As age progresses, the skin starts to lose the fats that make it to get saggy and loosen. These procedures can help to reduce the sagginess of the skin by inhibiting the nerve signals and relaxing the muscle. Both procedures work on the same principle. The doctor follows the same procedure for both treatments.
- The doctor first consults with the client to discuss the condition and desired outcomes for the procedure.
- Uses a mild cleanser and an antiseptic solution to disinfect the treatment areas.
- Marks the area of the treatment to avoid any interference during the procedure
- He injects the botox with the injections that contain small needles. However, if you opt to get Xeomin treatment. He injects the Xeomin in the treatment area to cause a decrease in the wrinkles.
- The doctor softly massages the treatment region for the even distribution of solutions.
- The customer must be at ease throughout the operation because it may take some time to show effects.
Aftercare measures are an essential component of the procedure. Since both these procedures are non-intrusive and do not require any recovery time period. Therefore, the doctor advises simple aftercare measures to follow. Because they help to make the procedure successful and produce rewarding outcomes. If the individual does not take responsibility to follow the aftercare measures. He cannot blame the doctor for inaccurate results.
- Keep your head up, throughout the first 24 hours after the treatment completes.
- Refrain from touching, massaging, or rubbing the treatment area.
- Prevent strenuous exercise and activities that raise blood pressure, such as carrying heavy objects, running, and jogging.
- Keep away from exposure to the sun for at least 24 hours
- Use sunscreen daily to protect yourself from UV radiation.
- Avoid drinking and smoking.
- After the operation, apply ice to the treated area for 15 minutes every 2-3 hours. This can make bruising and discomfort less likely.
- Use an OTC pain reliever like ibuprofen less prevalent.
These treatments are quick procedures that do not need any downtime. This process is really effective. And only take a few minutes to occur, but their results might endure for more than six months. Patients might notice a difference in their look as soon as the procedure is finished since the treatment helps to reduce wrinkles and fine lines and makes them appear bigger and more attractive.
- Provides a younger, more youthful appearance.
- Enhances the look of the face by removing the wrinkles and lines around the eyes and on the forehead.
- Muscle relaxation can lessen headache frequency.
- Increases self-confidence by making you seem more desirable and beautiful in social settings
- A non-invasive method that causes no discomfort
Book A Consultation!
There is still a major confusion in Botox vs Xeomin | Which Treatment is Better For Flawless Skin. To get an answer to your question you can consult our doctors. They aim to clarify all the concerns of their client as they are well-experienced and qualified. Fill out the consultation form and schedule your appointment now.