Just as important as having white, straight teeth are having a beautiful gum line. Even though most individuals don’t consider their gums to be a part of their smile, the way your gums adhere to your teeth plays a factor in determining how each tooth is shaped. Your smile’s attractiveness may suffer if your gum line is irregular or protrudes excessively from your teeth. Gum line contouring in Dubai may be suggested in specific circumstances to offer you a more attractive grin.
Gum Line Contouring: What Is It?
Having too much gingival tissue might result in a “gummy” grin. In this instance, your gums require treatment rather than your teeth. Gum contouring sometimes referred to as tissue sculpting or gingivectomy, is a common surgery in cosmetic dentistry that reshapes your gum line to level out your smile.
Today, dentists employ powerful laser light to remove or shape gum tissue as a result of the invention of laser dentistry. To make the process more comfortable, a local anesthetic will be administered to you. There is no bleeding since the laser closes the wound.
The dentist will introduce tissue from another area of your mouth to your gum line if you have gum recession. An asymmetrical grin is a consequence of adding length and structure.
The following individuals ought to have Gum line contouring in Dubai & Abu Dhabi. The most suitable applicants are those who desire to:
- make the gum line more uniform
- remove the extra gum tissue
- improve the appearance of the gums, with guaranteed and encouraging results
- faster recovery.
The dental surgeon will ask you to follow some easy instructions as part of the pre-treatment preparation. It enables applicants to get the greatest outcomes while minimizing risks and adverse consequences. Therefore, be careful to understand and abide by all pre-operative instructions.
The dentist will use a laser during the procedure to trim away any extra gum tissue and level up the crooked gum line. This laser beam does not harm the nearby teeth or gums while helping to re-contour the gums.
The procedure will be painless because it makes use of several distinct lasers. Postoperative discomfort, edoema, or bleeding are typically nonexistent. Typically, the patient may undergo Gum line contouring in Dubai with no postoperative limitations, and then resume their normal activities.
After the gum recontouring procedure, the dentist will provide you with a list of recommendations to follow for the best outcomes. These are some examples of the guidelines:
- Steer clear of aspirin and other blood thinners.
- For the following two days, only consume soft foods.
- Eat no spicy meals or food containing seeds.
- If your face has any odd side effects, speak with your physician.
- If you have intense pain or discomfort, use medications.
The following are some of the main advantages of Gum Line Contouring in Dubai:
- It gives you benefits that last.
- The gum line might be uniform.
- All the extra gum tissue that gives your smile a gummy appearance can be removed.
- The outcomes appear natural.
- It is a safe procedure that doesn’t result in bleeding.
You will suffer mildly uncomfortable and swollen gums for up to a week right after the treatment as the anesthetic wears off. Limiting your activities and getting some rest are advised. Here are some general recommendations that you should abide by to make your rehabilitation simpler.
- Follow your dentist’s recommendations first and foremost to hasten your recuperation.
- You can take over-the-counter pain relievers or those that your doctor has recommended if there is excessive discomfort or agony. Keep in mind that since aspirin thins the blood and might induce bleeding, it should be avoided.
- In the first several days, pay special attention to consuming soft meals. Yogurt, spaghetti, ice cream, cheese, and mushy veggies can all fall under this category.
- Until your dentist gives you the all-clear to eat whatever you want, avoid spicy foods and meals that contain seeds.
- Be extremely delicate when performing your dental hygiene to prevent causing gum irritation, which can result in infections and more bleeding.
- If you have any concerns following the operation, such as significant swelling or bleeding, call your dentist as soon as you can.
Does Gum Contouring Hurt?
The majority of Gum Line Contouring in Dubai & Abu Dhabi involves some sort of dental sedation. The degree of your surgery and other considerations will determine the type of sedation. While some patients may benefit from heavier sedation administered via an IV, others might choose local anesthetic combined with an oral sedative to help them unwind.
Deep sedation, sometimes known as “sleep dentistry,” enables you to nod off throughout the operation and leaves you with no memory of what happened. Modern pain control procedures are used at our office to keep you at ease throughout the process.
Plan A Consultation!
Fill out the form below to request more information about Gum Line Contouring in Dubai, and we’ll set up an appointment for you. All individuals who wish to receive dental treatment may visit one of our oral surgeons. You will be able to make a decision without having any second thoughts thanks to its assistance in thoroughly comprehending the therapy.