WHAT IS ABSCESS?
An abscess is a painful pocket accumulated with pus. It is caused when bacteria are trapped in the human body. When bacteria enter the body, our body’s immune system sends white blood cells to fight against it. While fighting, some surrounding tissues of the problem area are also affected which gives rise to a skin build-up accumulated with pus. It can appear in any area of the body but commonly occur in underarms, genitals, legs, back, and tooth.
Incision and Drainage of Abscess:
They are painful and look bad on the skin therefore several treatments have been designed to overcome this problem. Some abscesses go on their own but if they are not improving then you can go for the medical procedures. Do not cut or pop them at home because it can worsen the situation. Most dermatologists use incision and drainage technique to remove an abscess from the skin. It works by draining pus from the Incision and Drainage of Abscesses Dubai & Abu Dhabi. Continue reading the article to know more about this technique.
- Downtime and side-effects are negligible
- Frees you from the pain that you were suffering because of them
- Even in severe cases, the wounds do not take more than two weeks to heal
- No strict restrictions are imposed on the patient after undergoing the procedure
- Destroys the roots of abscesses, therefore, risk of reoccurring in future is minimized
Results produced by incision and drainage procedure are permanent because the treatment aims to fix the root cause.
Who is the Candidate?
Abscesses cause a lot of pain and inflammation therefore it is necessary to treat them. If not treated at the right time, some doctors say that they can lead to long-lasting complications and can even worsen the condition. Visit an expert dermatologist and treat them when they first start appearing on your skin. After getting the treatment, maintain good hygiene to prevent them from occurring in the future.
Anyone who is suffering from this skin problem can undergo incision and drainage of abscess in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, and Sharjah because there is no special candidacy criterion that people must fulfill. The only thing that makes you a better candidate than others is your good overall health so to get the best results of the treatment, make sure you do not have any other fatal disease.
How the Procedure is Performed?
The procedure is itself simple but requires the expertise of the practitioner. It is painless and usually done on an out-patient basis, in severe cases, the doctor asks the patients to stay in the hospital. Prior to the treatment, the doctor may put you on a course of anti-biotic to prepare your body for the procedure.
On the day of treatment, following steps are performed during the procedure,
- The affected area is cleaned and sterilized to free it from germs
- Next, local anesthesia is applied near the root of the abscess to keep your comfortable throughout the procedure
- A small incision is created over the abscess and pus is drained out of it
- The treatment site is then cleaned with saline water and left open for some time
- The doctor places a wound dressing over the abscess to absorb the leftover pus
- For deep abscess, he may use gauze to keep the abscess open. This would assist in better and proper healing of the wounds
- As soon as the procedure is completed, you are sent home with some aftercare instructions
You may come across some discomfort, swelling and bruising in the treatment site during the recovery phase. The time, the skin takes to fully heal, depends upon the severity of the skin concern and the size of the problem area. Follow all the post-surgery instructions of the doctor to recover quickly.
Book a Free Appointment:
If you want to undergo Incision and Drainage of Abscesses Dubai & Abu Dhabi visit Dynamic clinic. We are offering this top-notch treatment at an affordable rate so hurry up and don’t miss the chance. Fill out the consultation form to book a free appointment with our representatives.