Facelift surgery produces significant improvements in the appearance of the face and neck by combating visible aging signs.
Things you should know about facelift
- It can treat all kinds of skin laxity including mild, moderate, or severe without any complication.
- The surgery is a good alternative to Botox injections as it is more efficient and productive.
- Another good thing about this procedure is that any individual belonging to any age group can have this treatment because it is not age-restricted.
- Facelifts give a youthful appearance to the face by removing excess sagging skin and fat from it.
- Generally, the whole procedure takes about 3 to 4 hours and the doctor uses local or general anesthesia in the procedure to avoid pain and discomfort.
One of the most frequently asked questions about a facelift is that “when is the best time to have a facelift procedure?” To know the answer to this question, read this.
Winter for facelift surgery
As we know that winter is favorable for wound healing so if you are planning to get a facelift, then it better to have it in winters. In cooler weather, wounds heal better and faster, and swelling and bruising resolve very quickly. Besides, by wearing bulky clothes in winter, the risk of infection is minimized and wound drainage is reduced as well.
Limit physical activities
Another important thing that you have to do is to limit your strenuous activities for at least 2 to 3 weeks after facelift surgery. This single act will in turn ensure a quick recovery and better wound healing.
Avoid sun exposure
It is also highly recommended to avoid direct and prolonged sun exposure while recovering. Wear strong SPF sunscreens while going out during the day to recover with the least scarring and bruising.
Three important benefits of getting a facelift in the winter
- Bulkier clothes stimulate the healing process
- Festive winter season regards to longer time off work
- Cooler weather makes wound healing inside bandages safe and quick
Book an appointment
Though it sounds weird, it is best to schedule surgery by season. You get better outcomes as well as receive many additional benefits by undergoing a facelift in winter season. So, if you are interested book an appointment now. Fill our consultation form or call us to have a consultation with our expert.