What is SmartLipo?
SmartLipo is a significant advancement in traditional liposuction surgery and it is the safest fat removal method. It involves laser-assisted lipolysis therefore also known as laser liposuction. It is much simpler and easier to perform than other body contouring procedures. The procedure received its FDA approval in 2016. It provides an additional benefit of skin tightening.
SmartLipo is suitable for those people who are looking for a non-surgical and non-invasive solution to remove those fat deposits from the body that they are unable to remove through diet and exercise.
Body areas that can be treated
A narrow tube is inserted in the treatment area to destroy the localized fat deposits. This procedure can remove fat from almost all the body areas including the neck, thighs, chin, waist, abdomen, arms, hips, and love handles.
SmartLipo: the best choice
Traditional liposuction involves physical manipulation of the fat. During the procedure, a cannula is moved back and forth to deliquesce the fat deposits. Whereas in SmartLipo, laser-emitting tube-like tool, is used to heat the excess fat until it liquefies. This tube is thin therefore very small incision is made during it. SmartLipo not only removes excess fat but also improves collagen production that contributes to tightening the sagging skin so as a result of the treatment, the patient gets a smooth, firm skin with no room for extra fat. It enhances the physical appearance and boosts the individual’s confidence.
How SmartLipo is different than traditional liposuction?
- Because of the invasive nature of liposuction surgery, we use general anesthesia to keep the patient sedated throughout the procedure. Whereas in SmartLipo, local anesthesia is sufficient.
- When it comes to the recovery period, the traditional liposuction procedure takes more time to heal and recover than SmartLipo. The patient has to stay home for at least a week after getting it.
- During tradition liposuction we use large cannula so the large incision is made whereas in SmartLipo, laser is fed through very thin cannula so incision made is also very small
- The patient has to wear compression garments for about 5-6 weeks after getting artistic liposuction whereas in SmartLipo 2-3 weeks are enough
- SmartLipo provides an additional benefit of skin tightening which makes it much better than liposuction. Also, there is a risk of sagging and dimpling after regular liposuction.
- Liposuction is a big cosmetic surgery therefore it is usually performed in a hospital under general anesthesia while SmartLipo can be done in a doctor’s office under local anesthesia. The entire procedure of SmartLipo can take up to 2-3 hours, it varies depending upon the size of the treatment site.
When traditional liposuction is preferred?
For the people who don’t want to enjoy the skin tightening benefit of SmartLipo, Traditional liposuction is the best-suited option. This decision would minimize the added expense of laser component from the overall cost of the procedure.
The results are not immediate
It is a misconception that the results will appear right after you leave the office. The fact is that there will remain some swelling in the treatment site for some weeks after getting SmartLipo and results will not become visible until this swelling completely subsides. In general, the patients have to wait for 4-6 months to see the fuller results.
Number of sessions required
Most of the patients get optimal results with only one SmartLipo session. In rare cases, 2-3 sessions are required to get the best possible results.
Cost of SmartLipo?
The cost of SmartLipo varies from patient to patient depending upon a variety of factors such as treatment area, the geographical location of the clinic, expertise of the surgeon, etc. for example it will cost you more to get the treatment on your abdomen than on your chin. Talk to a doctor to know about it in detail. Our experts are waiting to help you completely understand the things related to the SmartLipo. Fill the consultation form and book your appointment on of them now.